• Page:

TOPIC: I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 17 May 2016 22:26 #7039

• joeycav11
  • joeycav11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
capital $$ actually goes to fund new promising companies. The rest feeds the big caps and the select few new companies backed by wall street insiders. This capital influx decline has been going on now for years. No $$ or media coverage for new innovative products.
I think Cytori is trying something new here with shareholder capital raising. I believe it will be challenged and fought by big money and pharma.
That being said this is NEW and DISRUPTIVE capital raising.
I would suggest to management that we look to crowd funding also... But I am hesitant because Scoloderma approval by FDA might be in the cards...
My thoughts at the moment GL to All longs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 18 May 2016 06:23 #7041

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Hi Joey-

Lets hope that Cytori does not need capital anymore, after this action with the Rights Offering. In the Neue Markt haydays in Europe or the big Nasdaq bubble- that was from 1997- till 2002 or so, it was the common rule, at least in Europe- since stocks knew only one direction- up. :grin: and drawing rights were a very marketable security.
Anyway- I do know, some folks to have recommended to Cytori Management to go this route, but I think Cytori is very special, so I am not sure this would fit a lot of Companies. The low investment money must be clear- there are more short hedge funds (a la Feuerstein et al) than long funds, which simply kills a lot of biotech and surely all stuff threatening Big Pharma- like (auto) Stem Cells... :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 18 May 2016 12:58 #7047

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148

Lets hope that Cytori does not need capital anymore, after this action with the Rights Offering.

Its too early to assume that this rights offering will raise what is required. I hope they have a plan B.

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 18 May 2016 13:02 #7048

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Maybe a plan C and D just to be sure.

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 18 May 2016 13:23 #7050

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
I am wondering street if there is any reason why you would invest blindly and believe that something is going to be different this time. Why now are we finally being told something that will come to fruition when nothing else has. I just don't see it. Management just seems to skirt the issues. Let's take lorem vascular. We know they did not fulfill obligation and that was on everyone's mind but no so called analyst asked a question and the issue was not addressed. Seems to me shareholders would want to know something about that before risking more money on an investment that has been a bust. The time line for everything has been pushed out. No definitive comitment to an amount that insiders are willing to invest. No addressing the compensation issues, the awarding of shares or anything else that I would want answered before giving these guys a dime. This just continues to make me skeptical. You ?

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 18 May 2016 14:01 #7051

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Roth, I am skeptical about this capital raise and the damage it may cause but there are no better alternatives for them to raise capital because they have shown they cannot attract a partner with the autologous model. Unlike you I see no real damage from the R/S. I think that the Scleroderma data is very strong and will lead to approval but I'm not buying that the OA results are encouraging. I think they may have dosed too low on OA. You have every right to be skeptical and paying bonuses over the last couple of years is complete BS given all the disasters. I think that DOV is absolutely correct in demanding bonus deferrals. This is a mixed picture at best but scleroderma seem very likely to succeed as a first mover. The question is how much more shareholder damage from dilution before approval. I don't have any answers.

P.S. Really pissed off about Lorem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, fatboy

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 18 May 2016 15:06 #7052

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST...I agree OA results later this year has real risk of failure. I don't know if its the dosing or the screening or just design (CYTX has a history of poor trial design imho) but something just isn't right. I'll let DOV play optimist but I certainly took OA out of my guestimates until the picture is clearer.
As far as Lorem...may be as simple as no cardiac equals no Lorem. Lim may just be another victim on the long road of capital destruction.

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 19 May 2016 07:37 #7056

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Lorem has never hyped by Cytori and Maxim never put a dime into future revenues. My Lorem revenues were only at the contractual level. KT Lim invested $24 million plus a few product orders, and Cytori took that money and wasted it just like they wasted the Astellas money and all $300 million before that. Almost all capital went for the cardiac home run.

The only money that is NOT being wasted is the money being used to gain approval for Scleroderma. That is the money we are talking about now. Understandably, most investors and posters here cannot separate the two. We are where we are because the company went after the huge cardiac market instead of trying to hit the safer singles. If you can put the past behind you and just evaluate the future from this present point, It looks very promising. It also looks like an extremely attractive entry point.

I am also skeptical of the coming OA results, but Okyanos has many MRI scans that prove the cells regrow cartilage. It certainly is possible that the delivery method or dosing in the ACT-OA trial was not ideal, but I expect decent results. By the way, Cytori is having excellent results treating patients for OA in Japan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 19 May 2016 08:26 #7058

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess the real question is the OA path forward if the trial results aren't Stat. Sig.

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 19 May 2016 09:23 #7061

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: I guess the real question is the OA path forward if the trial results aren't Stat. Sig.

Hedge- I really do not think that is correct. In a phase IIB or better pilot trial you put your nil hypothesis at values which help you for the design of the pivotal trial. You can rest assured that the treated patients will have better "outcomes" as placebo patients i.e. that the sheer simple "difference numbers" will be positive. Whether statistically significant is another ball game and depends on those freaking hypothesis made and resulting Gauss distribution charts. Since we do not know these, its also impossible to comment.

Fortunately all potential partners have their experts in the statistical science, so that we do not have to worry our pretty little heads about that. Important is only- that Hedrick deals with the issue SS in an adequate fashion going forward and deals with the general "investor knowledge" appropriately.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 19 May 2016 09:28 #7062

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. That has proven to be true over and over and over again in the case of Cytori. You are suggesting we take this group at it's word that things will be different this time ? :bash: :puke: Why ?

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 19 May 2016 19:23 #7069

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Hedge- I really do not think that is correct. In a phase IIB or better pilot trial you put your nil hypothesis at values which help you for the design of the pivotal trial.***

Fas, so you are saying you think the FDA will allow a phase 3 trial if they don't meet their stated goals in the phase 2 ?

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 20 May 2016 05:51 #7071

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: ***Hedge- I really do not think that is correct. In a phase IIB or better pilot trial you put your nil hypothesis at values which help you for the design of the pivotal trial.***

Fas, so you are saying you think the FDA will allow a phase 3 trial if they don't meet their stated goals in the phase 2 ?

No Hedge. I am not saying that at all. Of course the goals must be met. But especially when it says- the clinic is not powered nor designed for statistical significance, this would not be one of the goals. :whistle:

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 20 May 2016 06:32 #7072

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Rothco,

I agree with Einstein's definition of insanity, however I do not see how it applies to Cytori. As discussed above, we are in the current situation because Calhoun wanted to go after the largest and most expensive market first. He and Saad raised a lot of money and spent it on the cardiac market hoping to land a $200 million partner. If we were still trying to do that, Einstein's definition would apply. Instead, the company is doing something vastly different now. They will spend a total of $6 million going through the entire FDA trial process to gain approval and reimbursement for a $1 billion/year market opportunity. They are not dependent on gaining a partner to finish anything. I do not see any correlation with the past. (with one exception and that is compensation)

I just heard only 15% of incoming wall street 20 May 2016 08:06 #7073

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

DOV wrote: Rothco,

I agree with Einstein's definition of insanity, however I do not see how it applies to Cytori. As discussed above, we are in the current situation because Calhoun wanted to go after the largest and most expensive market first. He and Saad raised a lot of money and spent it on the cardiac market hoping to land a $200 million partner. If we were still trying to do that, Einstein's definition would apply. Instead, the company is doing something vastly different now. They will spend a total of $6 million going through the entire FDA trial process to gain approval and reimbursement for a $1 billion/year market opportunity. They are not dependent on gaining a partner to finish anything. I do not see any correlation with the past. (with one exception and that is compensation)

I love the way you soft-pump it.

They are lucky to start making money after burning through $30 Million... but you knew that already.

This current price action is nothing but traders making money trading and slowly add to their short side...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites