• Page:

TOPIC: CYTX Is A Drug Company

CYTX Is A Drug Company 01 Feb 2017 16:21 #8720

• rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
That's what the "experts" on this site have decreed - so it is written, so shall it be done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 03:12 #8721

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
If you say so...

The impact of shareholders on corporate action however have been zilch for the past 15 years.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 09:06 #8722

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
The idea of synergism of CYTX and AZA is puzzling. Maybe so if both are so-called drug delivery company, delivering drugs and celluar components alike. If the two entities are really put together under one corporation, maybe the name of the company should be changed!

If CYTX is going after certain core AZA technology for cellular delivery, CYTX can profit with needed cash by spinning off or selling the drug component of AZA and keep the IP. I do not see how can CYTX acquire the inhouse knowhows of selling cancer drugs overnight - it is a specialty (I started my career at Bristol Myers/assistant director of medical oncology and in 5 years, I know how difficult it can be).

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 09:55 #8723

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Franshei, the cancer drugs will definitely be partnered imo.

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 10:25 #8724

• fas

franshei wrote: If CYTX is going after certain core AZA technology for cellular delivery, CYTX can profit with needed cash by spinning off or selling the drug component of AZA and keep the IP. I do not see how can CYTX acquire the inhouse knowhows of selling cancer drugs overnight - it is a specialty (I started my career at Bristol Myers/assistant director of medical oncology and in 5 years, I know how difficult it can be).

Surely there is no expertise at Cytori. But -like everybody else, I assume that is why Ronald Martell came on board.

• Board Member Allayo, Inc. April 2012 – Present (4 years 11 months)

• President & CEO, Director NeurogesX, Inc. January 2012 – July 2013 (1 year 7 months) Sold to Acorda Therapeutics and Astellas

• Chairman Poniard Pharmaceuticals 2011 – March 2013 (2 years) CEO, Director Poniard Pharmaceuticals February 2010 – December 2011 (1 year 11 months) President, COO & Director Poniard Pharmaceuticals 2007 – February 2010 (3 years)

• SVP, Commercial Operations ImClone Systems 1998 – 2007 (9 years)

• Group Manager, Oncology Her2 Project Team Leader Genentech 1988 – 1998 (10 years)

• After 10 years Genentech and 10 years Imclone surely a few doors will open...:whistle:

But name change? I hope not, despite the bad taste...

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 12:12 #8725

• waddlingwillbologni
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
    Am I missing something? Cytori just acquired a company that was specializing in cancer drugs. That company's personnel (or selected personnel) comes over to Cytori. Generally speaking, that's how acquisitions work. I'm a little confused over the confusion regarding how Cytori will handle its new lines of business, e.g., cancer drugs. Those segments will stay with the personnel they're acquiring and be gradually integrated into Cytori. Again, unless I'm missing something ...

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 12:24 #8726

• fas

waddlingwillbologni wrote: Am I missing something? Cytori just acquired a company that was specializing in cancer drugs. That company's personnel (or selected personnel) comes over to Cytori. Generally speaking, that's how acquisitions work. I'm a little confused over the confusion regarding how Cytori will handle its new lines of business, e.g., cancer drugs. Those segments will stay with the personnel they're acquiring and be gradually integrated into Cytori. Again, unless I'm missing something ...

Yes- makes sense. They are acquiring this expertise, but I guess this is what a whole lot of people are struggling with, first line management are making deals, which all have disastrous track records at (the "old") Cytori. And although some 1 or 2 FTE´s from AZA will join top management surely after completion, one has always the feeling something -as usual- will be screwed up.

Mind you- I am crossing my fingers extremely hard...:grin:

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 12:29 #8727

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder

waddlingwillbologni wrote: Am I missing something? Those segments will stay with the personnel they're acquiring and be gradually integrated into Cytori. Again, unless I'm missing something ...

The deal was an asset deal and we cannot be sure which personnel are coming over, but you make a valid point.

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 12:54 #8728

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote:

waddlingwillbologni wrote: Am I missing something? Those segments will stay with the personnel they're acquiring and be gradually integrated into Cytori. Again, unless I'm missing something ...

The deal was an asset deal and we cannot be sure which personnel are coming over, but you make a valid point.

My view is, that the only reason that the acquisition was an asset deal and not a take-over/merger, was the fact that the San Antonio facility will be leased and title/property remains with the former owners.

That would have been too much for cash starved Cytori, but of course begs the questions what the replacement value of the production facility would be....:whistle: Having been in that business- that number might surprise some folks..:KO:

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 14:44 #8729

• fas

fas wrote:

rodney.strongg wrote:

My view is, that the only reason that the acquisition was an asset deal and not a take-over/merger, was the fact that the San Antonio facility will be leased and title/property remains with the former owners.

That would have been too much for cash starved Cytori, but of course begs the questions what the replacement value of the production facility would be....:whistle: Having been in that business- that number might surprise some folks..:KO:

And that again could lead to the thought, that after those 5 years lease period and assumed successful commercialization of the 2 cancer product candidates, resulting in loads of milestone payments and royalties, the two Companies diverge again (I hope) and go there separate ways, with Cytori developed and funded, joined owner of a liposome delivery platform and AZA ditto and doing their thing properly funded.

I like that scenario...:cool:

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 15:23 #8730

• franshei
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 103
    Fas, the following may or may not be pertinent to ASA:

Throughout the years (30 plus years), there have been several liposomal technology biotechs established in Texas. Most of them were started by MD, PHD from MD Anderson and various U of Texas cancer groups. San Antonio has a very well known cancer treatment center linked to the Southwestern Oncology group (SWOG) and Brook Army Medical Center is there. At Brook Army Hospital, various army physicians have been testing wound healing using autologous stem cells. Among all these somewhat unrelated links, maybe CYTX has found something that Hedrick/Marino (West Point clinical pharmacologist) have found and they cannot live without it.

The San Antonio Cancer group at U of Texas is really good (Dan Von Hoff used to be the head oncologist there - expert in clonogenic assay).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: rodney.strongg

CYTX Is A Drug Company 02 Feb 2017 16:52 #8731

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 204
    Maybe the bigger question is not if its now a drug company but a distraction company.
    On that front, perhaps a success, as no one is really talking cytori execution now, beyond the expected deal.

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
    This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites