• Page:

TOPIC: Scleroderma CPT codes issued

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 10 Jul 2017 06:16 #9542

• Joncon63
  • Joncon63's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 10 Jul 2017 06:34 #9543

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
This news on AMA code approval and the previous news on scleroderma/secondary Raynaud's may have to do with possible ongoing new financing/partnership negotiation and/ or CTX 2 launch during the 3rd Q- not just news reporting. Just my opinion.

Dr. Khanna's ( principle investigator based in Ann Arbor, but no patient enters into the STAR trial from U of M) comments are very interesting - he is very encouraged by the scleroderma data to date (exclusive of the 48 month data readout). Since he is the PI of the entire study, his comments suggest that he has fully evaluated all the STAR progress data up to 48 months, including the 24 month data!

Another important point in today's news: Habeo maybe available to US patients (if the 48 month data readout is good), even before full approval.

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 10 Jul 2017 06:56 #9544

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
I knew the applications for these codes had been submitted, but I thought the approval was expected in the first quarter. I am not sure if this is normal or a sign of enthusiasm from the medical boards. Either way, I like it! This means there will be no delay in starting to treat patients once the FDA approval comes. I will be contributing to the overall volume today.

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 10 Jul 2017 19:24 #9551

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
If you click on the AMA link in the press release, you will see a column header stating "Published to AMA Website" on July 1st, 2017. That was a Saturday, but many days later the company issues a press release. There certainly seems to have been some discretion here about the timing of the release. Could there be a strategy here similar to tipping the volleyball to the front line for the slam across the net?

Did anybody pick Tuesday, July 11th?

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 10 Jul 2017 21:11 #9552

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Doesn't seem like the AMA would put their necks on the line unless they thought there is something to this.
I'm still going with this Thursday the 13th.
As I said on Yahoo, first EU patent for Scleroderma and now AMA CPTIII, are we building up a crescendo for the data release?

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 11 Jul 2017 04:47 #9553

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
***There certainly seems to have been some discretion here about the timing of the release. Could there be a strategy here similar to tipping the volleyball to the front line for the slam across the net?***
DOV, we will know in a couple hours if your speculation is correct but I would put just as much weight on typical Cytori boneheads.

*** Doesn't seem like the AMA would put their necks on the line unless they thought there is something to this.***
b7, Its just coding, not unlike FDA orphan status....it has no bearing on a outcome.

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 11 Jul 2017 04:47 #9554

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
As a reminder.

Most developed countries on this globe, that is their health insurers, use a DRG (Diagnose-related Groups) system for reimbursing procedures in clinics. This is a list by disorders and the related reimbursable therapies related to these disorders.

Those lists are renewed every year and if your new therapy is not in that list with a CPT code, you have bad luck and have to wait to January 1 -the next year before procedures for newly approved therapies can be reimbursed.

As DOV already stated- there will be no delay therefore after the FDA has given its approval. Getting those CRP codes timely was damned important for the future cash-flows.

For the curious folks- I attach the write-up for Medicare reimbursement procedure-

File Attachment:

File Name: MedicareReimbursementForDrugsAndDevices_ELSCDeskbook.pdf
File Size: 542 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, DOV

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Scleroderma CPT codes issued 11 Jul 2017 16:00 #9559

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Well "boneheads" won out today...LOL
Instead of a release, if you want to give management some sort of credit, these releases could be seen as using up sellers at the $1.10 offering so when the news does hit it has a better chance at a real run and better still maybe even sticking the bulk of the run.
Todays run stopped at the upper BB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOV, Old Young Fox

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites