• Page:

TOPIC: One step beyond DIS' comments

One step beyond DIS' comments 28 Jul 2017 08:07 #9706

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
I think DIS makes some good sense in his post.

But, we can go one step further,

The company should find a buyer, while there is still some value: BARDA, Japan, AZA and nanomedicine, CTX 2 etc. STAR is not dead, but takes time to continue its path to approval.

CYTX should follow the path of KOOL. KOOL had a major clinical failure and ran out of money, forcing the company to find a "buyer" through a silicon valley broker. The KOOL buyer becomes a majority owner. With financial backing and close supervision, the company has turned around.

Hedrick should be replaced, while the others can stay. Hedrick can take a different role. His time as CEO is done.

PS The difference in TP for Rilley and Maxim maybe due to objective difference. If CYTX has to raise money now from the street, Sabby and the like would ask for 50 cents plus warrant. Maxim, I believe is helping to find a buyer (Hadrick's trip to China was arranged by Maxim), is saying that CYTX's entire cell therapy business (including Japan and patents) would worth $ 5 per share and AZA would also worth another $ 5.

I believe DeSilva is a Girao friend. This is warning to the board of directors not to be stubborn anymore - let go, there is an better option - let others take control of the firm, for the benefits for all.

If a Chinese interest would take control (as in the case for KOOL), both the celution system (approved in China) and lipo doxo would enter the Chinese market in a big way (K T Lim is not an insider - no connections).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One step beyond DIS' comments 28 Jul 2017 09:18 #9707

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Far reaching assumptions, once again, although you may be correct. The fact of the matter remains, Cytori is an empty shell of a company, with no talent. I encourage investors to take a look at the progress of other regenerative medicine companies, to listen to the calls of other cell therapy companies for future possibilities (quintessential being MDXG's call yesterday). Sophistication, broad transparency covering a multitude of topics that demonstrates appropriate and professional concern/care for the concerns of shareholders, met milestones, supported optimism, proven track records, people committed to their calling and their team, people committed to their WORD, etc. And to think: Parker Petit is spearheading a successful team of 690 employees and taking the same salary as ... Marc Hedrick (who even is a Marc Hedrick?). I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but put plainly: Cytori sucks as a company, and as a collective of human beings. If you look at Mark Marino's linkedin page, you'll see he's been working on his personal blog for the past year -- a blog that has nothing to do with Cytori. This is what you do not want from your investment (or employees). The swamp needs to be flushed so to speak, if the swamp should exist at all. It is a tragedy, and it is a shame, that somehow so many people of sound judgment got looped into this debacle of con artists and lazy sludge. I will say to those who are reading: you are not alone, and your choice to invest in the field of regenerative medicine is a choice that's been made (and continues to be made) by many wise people -- unfortunately, the wrong company was chosen in choosing this piece of shit. I'll keep my shares until they're dead. I'll just distance my thoughts and energy from this conglomerate of losers. It's toxic, and I encourage you to do the same. – Waddles

One step beyond DIS' comments 28 Jul 2017 09:22 #9708

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
"I think DIS makes some good sense in his post."

Careful Franshei, I would hate to see us lose you on the board.
These public MBs are just a means to disseminate information and opinions, nothing more. Ultimately, it's up to each individual to perform their own DD and make their own decision on investing or not. Everyone knew this stock is a gamble and DOV even pointed that out with his binary event call. I believe FAS in that DOV has lost tremendously on this stock. IMHO, his only mistake was falling into the same trap that we all did and he and Hedge may be the more sensible guys in pulling the plug on it. For the rest of us, we are holding out hope for a miracle that may never come and watch it go to zero. The only reason why I'm still here is for the other things that they have in the mill that you mentioned but I'm extremely worried on where they get financing after this fiasco.
You're right about one thing, Hedrick needs to go or at a minimum the board needs to reconsider his 600K salary. There is no justification for it based on his performance and the dire financial state of the company.
The following user(s) said Thank You: franshei

One step beyond DIS' comments 28 Jul 2017 12:05 #9709

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
BoyaLife is a now a very big Chinese life science /regenerative medicine conglomerate. Over the years, they have bought out or taken major stakes in over 30 Chinese and overseas regenerative medicine companies, including KOOL. They are still out there buying and taking major stakes.

I think BoyaLife is just one of several major life science venture groups in China. I believe CYTX is on their radar.

In China, many of these venture groups are supported 50% by government funds and 50% by private investment (this is a national strategy from the 1950s).

I think the Maxim TP is only a possible asking price - remember the TP was only $ 5 before the AZA acquisition.

There many other ways that CYTX can raise money before any meaningful lipo doxo EU deal (with Lapointe's help). In the line of what DIS has mentioned, CYTX can sell the entire (100%) or parts (60%) of Cytori KKK, currently a wholely owned subsidiary - John Harris can still run this company as its president. If the Chinese Lorem deal would worth $ 25 million, Cytori KKK would worth more as a whole. Cytori KKK is doing very well and it is expanding. This is considered crown jewel.

PS b 7 Many thanks for your caution. We should be very careful with this gamble.

b7 The concept of regenerative medicine in China and Japan has a different angle.

Sankyo, where Mark T Marino MD (there are many other Mark Marino/s) came from, is a major supplier of Chinese herbal medicine. In western practices of testing the safety and efficacy, most of these medicines flunk. Yet, one of the major source of income comes from this area.

Cytori OA phase 2 data with the MRI readout is considered positive in Japan. Yet the overall data is really marginal here. (The concept of efficacy does not have to be overnight - efficacy may take time with basic structural changes - as Hedrick has indicated over the apparent improvement in diffuse cutaneous scleroderma.)

For many, many years, the biggest cancer drug in the world, particularly in Japan, is krestin (from Kirin Brewing Company). Krestin comes from a Japanese mushroom. We have tested in at Bristol Myers (brought back by Dr. Max Gorman -founder of the original Astellas USA). The results have clearly demonstrated that has no benefits in treating cancer! Yet, Amgen used to have a collaborative r/d program with Kirin along the krestin line- shocking to me (I was there when I visited Thousand Oaks).

Just my opinions.

One step beyond DIS' comments 28 Jul 2017 14:13 #9710

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
franshei
Just so you know. TP is also slang for Toilet Paper..LOL
While I hope for the best for those with significant holdings...I think your a bit rich in your valuations.

b7
From your 10Q filing comments on the YMB. You may want to consider the current market cap.

One step beyond DIS' comments 28 Jul 2017 20:17 #9711

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge

What I have learned are 1. don't trust so-called insider news - they are often wrong. 2. When people are betting heavily on something, they can be wrong. 3, Tiago Girao is totally useless to provide information. He knows only how to do song and to dance. Never tell you anything meaningful.

You are smart. I think one of your chart services, finviz, has a very puzzling charting for a long while, predicting another significant leg down after the April secondary. I have been puzzled by this for a long while, till this current collapse. Till this week, a lot of people have a lot of PUTS (news on Yahoo).

Now the sentiment is very, very bad.

One step beyond DIS' comments 29 Jul 2017 09:43 #9712

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei
Many hard lessons to be learned in the market.

As far as valuations.
With Azaya you suggested $5/share. While I will defer to you on the science, I am at a loss on such a valuation. Remember Cytori paid approx. $4 million for Azaya. $2 million in stock and another $2 million in debt assumption. $5/share equats to approx $160 million...so what value has Cytori added in the few short months they have owned Azaya to justify a buyer to pay that ? This is the way I am looking at it. Also remember Azaya protected themselves with future payments should such changes in ownership happen.

With the stem cell business I see little real value that a buyer will pay. Without getting into everything, you mentioned Japan. Why would they pay more than 4-5 times free cash flow ? Sales are small. The patents value...harder to judge but these patents have yet to produce a marketable product and they seemed to admit, through Azaya purchase, that they really needed to lipo tech for the future.

Then there is the debt....we will hear whats left there but something around $14 million, maybe a bit less...off hand I forget what they said the monthly amortization rate was. But as you see the current market cap isnt much different than what is owed which reflects, imho, the extreme limited options.

I think that leaves them with extend and pretend. They need to find a way to raise funds. I only see extreme pain in that prospect...as we have seen in the past.

Who knows how it all plays out.
As I see it, neither option, a sale or further raises has much appeal.

One step beyond DIS' comments 29 Jul 2017 12:45 #9713

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
"From your 10Q filing comments on the YMB. You may want to consider the current market cap."

Agree,it's becoming much easier to manipulate. I'm just waiting to see what they have to say for Q2 but not expecting much. I expect Hedrick to go into the real spin mode with Kolbert validating with bunk.

One step beyond DIS' comments 29 Jul 2017 16:40 #9715

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
b7
What I was trying to say was because of Cytori's lower market cap they have longer to file if they choose.
45 days vs 40 which was suggested on the YMB

Otherwise I agree on your Hedrick/Kolbert assessment.

One step beyond DIS' comments 29 Jul 2017 17:29 #9716

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Hedge,
I wasn't aware of the the allowed time frame.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites