• Page:

TOPIC: Very few shares available for shorting

Very few shares available for shorting 31 Jul 2017 08:50 #9726

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
You would think at least some covering but it appears the short side has piled on further.

Meanwhile someone looking for 200K shares at $0.45

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Very few shares available for shorting 31 Jul 2017 09:38 #9729

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Hedge

I think the current situation before the next CC is very much the same as the wait for the STAR readout.

Personally, I think it may go up and then down, with 50 cents at the center.

UP? Yes, particularly when 1. there is expectation that the loss would be minus 16 cents; 2. an apparent delay in holding the next CC (people would think something is cooking).

DOWN? Yes, CYTX and many other small biotechs always go down after CC. If there is good news, people would always say not good enough (unless it is a major positive event). If it is bad news, the PPS would sink.

Based on my earlier speculation that the very top circle of the company knew the 24 week data is bad and the 48 week data contain good diffuse cutaneous data, I think many recent corporate actions would support their cautiousness - spending control, delay in certain projects, focus in the right areas (sales in Japan, activities in San Antonio, secondary in April, hiring of lapointe, etc).

Very few shares available for shorting 31 Jul 2017 09:57 #9730

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei

Sure, plenty of speculation can push this around either way.
We have also had unexplained miracle moves in the past.
I have just been pointing out what SHOULD be obvious with TIME being a current big factor.

Hedrick can address the time issue with several moves:
Waste selling ATM shares here. Maybe to LPC above $0.50
Layoffs cutting burn rate
Beg Oxford for a reprieve
Announce on the call they have found some sort of partner that gives some breathing room

Very few shares available for shorting 31 Jul 2017 10:57 #9732

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge

I think you are smart with know hows in both technicals and fundamentals. I have learned a lot from you.

The AZA acquisition is very important and people may not realize how important it is. John Harris' interview by Xconomy has been a big surprise for me, when I first read it. He really downplays the cell therapy business and he has stressed the major buildup in San Antonio and the search for a partner for ATI 918. All the recent new hires are for AZA and Cytori KKK.

Someone mentioned Patrick SoonShiong on YMB. I know all his background information very well, though I have no interests in his individualized cancer therapy. The reason to bring up Soon Shiong is that his story has direct implications here.

As a resident from South Africa, he was able to link taxol with albumin. He sold his patent to Watson, founded by Chiming a Taiwanese who used to live here in Libertyville, Il. Watson paid $ 100 million for the IP.

Lyphomed was the first generic injectibles company and we sold to Fujisawa for $ 1 billion, 1991-2 period. Fujisawa did not know how to run a generic injectibles company. Fujisawa (now Astellas) is always a r/d based company. They sold the entire generic products line to Patrick SoonShiong for $ 100 million. SoonShiong turns the generic drug business in just 5 years into a $ 7 billion business. Many of my ex Lyphomed friends are still working for SoonShiong (at first here in Chicago and now in LA).

Don't underestimate he current CYTX strategy - something is cooking. BUT, CASH is the immediate need.

Very few shares available for shorting 31 Jul 2017 13:52 #9738

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei
Let me first say I really appreciate the history and know how you have shared with the lodge !!!

We will see what happens, but unless there are multiple bidders Cytori is in the same position as always.
One can always pick it up in a BK sale as well.
I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS FINALLY PLAYS OUT !!!!!!!
Just want to be clear on the above statement...as long as everyone knows the risk, then one can at least make educated decisions. This is a position I have held for many years in posting about this company.

Still long that 4%.

Very few shares available for shorting 31 Jul 2017 14:05 #9739

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge

As of Monday noon or early PM, there is no announcement re 2nd Q CC. My guess is next Thursday we will may have the CC and the PR will be some time this week.

What may help to change the current mood?

This is just my opinion: From 7/20 to 8/10, CYTX may be able to deliver more detail STAR data analysis, as promised on 7/24. I hope the detail may help my hypothesis that scleroderma is not dead.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites