• Page:

TOPIC: Knee OA

Knee OA 16 Sep 2017 12:08 #10043

• b767cpt
  • b767cpt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Met a gentleman recently who paid out of pocket for stem cell injections in his knee with a doctor in LA using a centrifugal device to process stem cells from a mixture of samples from fatty tissue in his buttocks, blood and bone marrow.
I asked him if he knew what the device was that the doctor used and if Cytori was the manufacturer, he didn't know who the manufacturer of the device was. He said the spinning of stem cells took about twenty minutes. Does anyone know of a competing centrifugal device?
This guy absolutely swears by the procedure. He said he essentially had bone on bone and now is totally pain free thus avoiding surgery which he is very against. The doctor told him that the therapy would last for approximately three years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knee OA 16 Sep 2017 19:30 #10044

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
b7
Just 2 or 3 weeks ago I saw a full page add in a local paper for stem cell therapy.
No FDA shut down fears yet it seems.
As far as your YMB question and the debt of Cytori...layoffs will add time to the default timetable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Knee OA 17 Sep 2017 15:31 #10045

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Why would the doctor say it will last about 3 years? Based on what,
If anything, I wonder. If it really works beyond the placebo effect aspect of the procedure (as Cytori found out), wouldn't it last beyond 3 years? Or is that just the doctor's way of reigning in the placebo effect for repeat business down the road. Until I see compelling data I chalk it up to placebo therapy, a very powerful effect. Could be off the shelf equipment or from Bioheart?

Knee OA 17 Sep 2017 18:47 #10046

• b767cpt
  • b767cpt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Don't know about the placebo effect WST but the guy was absolutely convinced that it saved him from surgery, at least for the present and totally pain free. If it's placebo, that's some powerful psychological medicine.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites