• Page:

TOPIC: Glassdoor Opinions

Glassdoor Opinions 10 Aug 2013 14:42 #736

• mr5874
  • mr5874's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Sounds very similar to comments on this MB and Yahoo's... I often like to check in on current temperature within company's I invest in. See below - most recent comment by a former employee of seven years.

GOOD IDEA RUINED BY BAD LEADERSHIP

Pros – Cytori has (sort of) commercialized a novel technique for using adipose derived stem cells for treating various groups of patients, along with tools for plastic surgery and cell/tissue cryogenic storage banks. Cytori has made a worldwide effort to commercialize its products. The overall purpose of the products is to improve patient treatment, which is in itself a nobel cause. If you are applying to be an engineering or scientific intern, you may find Cytori a good environment to learn about specific projects.
Cons – Many millions of dollars waisted on excessive executive compensation and strategic mistakes, blotting an otherwise good idea and putting the upper management true motives in question. Cytori has never turned a profit, which amounts to a lot of pressure on the workforce.

A closer look at its public balance sheets and debt structure reveals the company has been on financial life support for a long time, contributing to frequent layoffs and low job security among employees. The products mostly do not fit the customer's target budgets or needs, and there are few reliable and well defined indications for use, which causes prospect customers to avoid the technology. If you are looking to work in sales and marketing, consider the overall market-product picture and the applicable regulatory environment before you commit.

High lower-mid level employee turnover, not enough upper management turnover. Vague job descriptions at the higher levels contribute to instability at the lower levels of the organization. If you are considering an executive position, expect to deal with a lot of frustrated employees and a top management that is unwilling to change.

Cytori has had a hard path to regulatory compliance and approvals (put as mildly as possible). If you are looking to work in clinical research or regulatory affairs, expect an uphill battle, and be cautious.

If you are a scientist, engineer or MD, expect to see a lot of potential but very little willingness on behalf of management to listen.

Overall, Cytori may provide an exciting and innovative work environment, depending on your position. Not a good place to develop your career in the mid-long term. As you ascend the organization's corporate ladder, the work relations turn more and more unsavory, but at the lower levels they can be good.
Advice to Senior Management – My advise to upper management: Retire. Pay your new management half of what you are paying yourselves. Have the newly hired upper management focus on customers' real needs and their business model. Do unbiased research upon which to base indications for use for all products. Revert to being a startup. Focus on one segment of the market and do well with it. Too many unrelated products are weighing down on the company's ability to be a market leader and becoming profitable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glassdoor Opinions 12 Aug 2013 08:51 #743

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
A key element in the statement appears to be- turnover at the lower levels due to tightening the belts money wise and no accountability at the top.

Someone expressed it this way to me : The board's definition of governance is to turn a blind eye to strategic stupidity, financial mismanagement and accounting irregularities while bonusing the bozos instead of holding them accountable.

Than again- the regulatory pathway is right. The width of the platform, whats rolling to the market is incredible and that will count in the end. If one understands, one acts accordingly. :evil:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Glassdoor Opinions 12 Aug 2013 11:31 #744

• mr5874
  • mr5874's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I completely agree, Fas. However, it never hurts to overcommunicate the studies, results, and benefits to the general public --- let alone shareholders.

IMO, Cytori stock is like a chest that has floated to the bottom of the ocean. If you don't search for it, you would hardly know that it existed... but when it's found and the technology is proven worldwide, the treasure is worth the wait.

I believe this and will continue to believe, but it hardens my heart to see our management team fumbling around so much. But I do believe the stock is a steal below $2.50 --- if you're willing to hold.

Glassdoor Opinions 13 Aug 2013 06:05 #750

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

IMO, Cytori stock is like a chest that has floated to the bottom of the ocean. If you don't search for it, you would hardly know that it existed... but when it's found and the technology is proven worldwide, the treasure is worth the wait.

I like that- a kind of medical atlantis- so to speak LOL :yep:

Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.603 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites