• Page:

TOPIC: Quite Amazing

Quite Amazing 15 Nov 2018 14:12 #12352

• rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
As you read the Transcript it is hard to believe that after all the years of DISASTER (resulting in a current CYTX mkt. cap of under $5 million), that Hedrick & Tiago can be so nonchalant and oblivious of their involvement in what has happened, and totally act as if it is just "business as usual" - QUITE AMAZING!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Quite Amazing 16 Nov 2018 05:29 #12353

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Interesting observation Rodney.

I do suggest you listen to the CC and try to listen to their voices carefully. Do you hear con-artists or folks with conviction and zeal?
From my perspective- whatever people write or say about them- as business managers they (so far) did the poorest job you can imagine, but it is not over yet. Mind you- they work in an environment - i.e. the US- where the focus is money and the players in the marketplace seem to thrive on corporate corpses (i.e. short hedgefunds) and you have Big Pharma who want customers and prefer to keep them customers for life, instead of inventing and developing cures. That is a tough place to survive for a Company that develops "safe and natural therapies"..

With Hedrick, Fraser and Zhu- they still have a lot of scientific competence- their work and resulting papers, which I read in the past, were top notch. Obviously I am not so happy with their present line of business i.e. chemo therapy compounds, but alas if it has to be to finance the good stuff (i.e. CCT), so be it.

I definitely hope they make it and still think Franshei is in the thick of Girao´s "tertiary opportunity".

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Quite Amazing 16 Nov 2018 09:29 #12354

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote: Interesting observation Rodney.

I do suggest you listen to the CC and try to listen to their voices carefully. Do you hear con-artists or folks with conviction and zeal?
From my perspective- whatever people write or say about them- as business managers they (so far) did the poorest job you can imagine, but it is not over yet. Mind you- they work in an environment - i.e. the US- where the focus is money and the players in the marketplace seem to thrive on corporate corpses (i.e. short hedgefunds) and you have Big Pharma who want customers and prefer to keep them customers for life, instead of inventing and developing cures. That is a tough place to survive for a Company that develops "safe and natural therapies"..

With Hedrick, Fraser and Zhu- they still have a lot of scientific competence- their work and resulting papers, which I read in the past, were top notch. Obviously I am not so happy with their present line of business i.e. chemo therapy compounds, but alas if it has to be to finance the good stuff (i.e. CCT), so be it.

I definitely hope they make it and still think Franshei is in the thick of Girao´s "tertiary opportunity".

/

Fas, I do not believe for one minute that they are con artists - I also believe that the fault for our CYTX losses lie not just with the less than stellar management at CYTX, but also our own naivete in believing much too early what could reasonably be accomplished in a very difficult technological and BP environment - to a great extent, the shame of the losses lie as much with us as with Hedrick & Co.

Quite Amazing 19 Nov 2018 06:56 #12355

• fas
Rodney-

The argumentation for your last post completely eludes me, but if you say so- fine with me.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Quite Amazing 19 Nov 2018 20:27 #12359

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote: Rodney-

The argumentation for your last post completely eludes me, but if you say so- fine with me./

Fas, let me phrase it another way - if we had the best stem-cell CEO in the business, how much less do you think that your losses would have been since 2005 or so?

Quite Amazing 20 Nov 2018 11:41 #12360

• fas
Rodney- I find that question impossible to answer, despite the fact that I did a poll on this site for exactly the same reasons 6-7 years ago, where I asked to vote for the best SC CEO with 4 candidates- I believe Silvio Itescu won that time and Calhoun was last. Anyway- that was just frustration/morbid fun thing.

Things are simply not comparable, with the allogeneic SC companies, as well as the autologous culturing outfits all knowing from inception what their regulatory pathway was i.e the drug pathway and only Cytori had to wait about 15 years for clarity and regulations. That clarity is there in Europe now for a few years with the AMTP pathway, in Japan clear since November 2017 and almost complete with CBER in the US as we speak (but not completely).

So the conditions for performance of all known characters in the field was quite different. Calhoun suing the FDA in late 2009 was however absolutely stupid and a major blunder amongst a few more.

It started all so well in 2002/4 - MacroPore had several ortho productlines which were promising- for a potentially disruptive technology the best thing is to have an in-house cash cow to supply the funds for development. Calhoun screwed that up with an exclusive license to Medtronic. That was deadly.

We are now at similar crossroads in 2018- do we have a cash-cow in ATI-0918 to provide research money for nano-vesicles therapies? With the research of cell based therapies already known, which should be quite similar?

I do hope so.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites