• Page:

TOPIC: Scleroderma - Marseille Data

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 03 Dec 2013 17:58 #1070

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Some more detailed analysis concerning the French Scleroderma study. Excellent data for the 2 month review. :woohoo: Lets hope that the 6 month data will be as good. Sustainable benefit at 6 months will undoubtedly be a major catalyst in research funds being found for a much larger trial in this indication, with corresponding implications in a host of autoimmune diseases.

Buying the patent rights ot ADRC in autoimmune diseases from Medistem was inspired. :vegas:

www.sclerodermie.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-nov-Présentation-SCLERADEC-A.-DAUMAS.pdf

www.sclerodermie.org/2013/11/27/diaporama-evaluation-de-leffet-de-la-reinjection-sous-cutanee-de-la-fraction-vasculaire-stromale-autologue-dorigine-adipeuse-systeme-celution-au-niveau-des-mains-chez-les-p/

Perhaps a native French speaker may give us a synopsis as I find the autotranslate software to still be wanting in quality. Nuance, all is nuance at this stage until the statistics speak/shout .............. still the above data does look good. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 04 Dec 2013 03:35 #1071

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yeah- my french never was much good although they tried to teach it to me for 7 years.

What I do understand are the last two words "fin 2013" - i.e. end or late 2013 for the 6 months results. So we will not have to wait very long and Magalon appears to seek the limelight a bit.

Besides organizing the Cellsociety Europe session, he is also promoting his work at LinkedIn so a good guy to have for the promotion of fat cells and Celution in particular.

When I have time I will dig a bit in the work of the other presenters there. A Russian doctor did something with Urinary and I suspect other Frenchmen are working on Osteoarthritis- question is with Celution tech or not?

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 05 Dec 2013 02:52 #1072

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Fas, you have my email.
If you want me to translate, give me a sign. I will give you my phone number if you haven't it.
Cheers.

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 05 Dec 2013 10:02 #1073

• fas
Tanguy- yes - would be nice if you could write a small summary or synopsis as John suggested of the highlights of the article and the PDF.

Basically what you would see as the major points from the documentation that you have read and certainly understood better than all of us.

Thanks so much. :yep:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 05 Dec 2013 10:38 #1074

• carl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Great results, significant progress on all tests.
Except maybe the healing of the ulsters, the results are positive but not impressive (yet).
Anyway, big chance they will show the same progress in the 6 month result,
as the blood flow isn't restored from day on and the ulsters aren't treated locally.

Anyone noticed the pictures of the 2 thumbs-up at the conclusion of the test.

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 05 Dec 2013 11:48 #1075

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Evaluation of the effect of sub cutaneous reinjection of autologous stromal vascular fraction of adipose origin (Celution system) in the hands of patients suffering from systemic scleroderma.
Dr Daumas Aurélie, CCA Service de Médecine Interne, Hôpital de la Timone, AP-HM, Marseille, FRANCE
The affection to the hands is almost permanent with systemic scleroderma. These issues are at the origin of a functional impotence, pain and having an important impact on life’s quality.
We have evaluated the tolerance./feasibility and functional and trophic effect of adipose stromal vascular fraction injection in the fingers of patients that have systemic scleroderma. The study has received a favourable advice from the CCP Aix Marseille Université, of the l’ANSM, and the support of the AP-HM. Twelve patients asking for an improvement of their handicap of the hands and having undergo or currently undergoing numerous unsuccessful medical treatments have been enrolled after verification of the enrolment criteria. All have a functional Cochin score of the hand of > 20/90, underscoring the importance of their handicap in daily situations. A post-operative follow-up has been programmed at D1, D7, D21, Month2 and Month 6.
The 12 patients without cardiovascular risks were characterized : average age 54,5±10,3 years, 7 limited cutaneous forms, Raynaud syndrome since 14,3±7,7 years (extremes: 5 – 34), length of illness (excluding Reynaud) of 9,9±7 years (extremes 2-24), Rodnan score of 14±9,7 (extreme:3-32). The ulnar and radial arteries were permeable in Doppler echo. The surgical procedure was possible for all 12 patients.
At D21, a pain at the point of fat removal was reported for 3 patients with persistence of a hematoma for 2. The healing was obtained with the patients at D1 for the fingers and D7 for the abdominal swab. A patient felt a paresthesis on the side of a finger, but this was not permanent. No infectious or ischemic complication was observed. No inconvenient event occurred to date. The analysis of results at Month 2 is very encouraging and has to be confirmed with the analysis at Month 6, at the end of 2013.
This study received the support of the French Research Group for Scleroderma, with a grant to doctor Aurélie Daumas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63

Scleroderma - Marseille Data 05 Dec 2013 13:44 #1076

• fas
A BIG thank you to our Belgium board members for their contributions. At least - I think I understand this a bit better now.

What intrigues me most are two things:

- exclusion criteria for patients with cardiovascular disease

-these are patients with SYSTEMIC scleroderma with treatment locally (i.e.injection of cells in the hand/fingers)

It is generally known that cells find their way through the body to "the" place of injury - I am thoroughly convinced that is why most treated patients in the Napels diabetic ulcer study had improved blood flow in their extremities- ii.e. cells injected locally getting into the blood stream and restoring some blocked arteries going down to the extremities

Same thing in this study- they did not want cardiac patients to "dilute" the study i.e. cells going to the heart and not fighting localized and/or systemic scleroderma.

Things will certainly get better if systemic i.e. intraveneous administration is performed on all patients (which I guess is the third step) :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites