TOPIC: Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 26 Aug 2014 15:15 #2092

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
8/15/2014.... 9,398,395 shares short

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 26 Aug 2014 16:09 #2093

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Market cap down to 109 million. Short interest 12.2%. If something doesn't happen soon :KO: they are going to be de-listed. Oh the humanity!

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 26 Aug 2014 20:15 #2094

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
There is really no chance of delisting in 2014 and if it really ever came to it they would just do a reverse split.

I think they are betting on more news that will hit the stock....let alone Cytori has yet to show one ounce of control of their own destiny.

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 27 Aug 2014 10:44 #2095

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Aug 15 the PPS was 1.65.

Was that up or down on the short side?

Roughly unchanged if my memory is correct. :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 27 Aug 2014 11:35 #2096

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
I hope they are wrong and something positive happens. But you are absolutely correct. Management has no handle on the stock price. If the shorts are waiting - what do they have to risk? The company needs funding and BARDA is not going to be enough to keep the lights on. But as Jim Cramer say's about greed. Its the pigs that get slaughtered. They have been at the trow for a long time!

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 27 Aug 2014 15:02 #2097

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas...you are correct..only a few hundred thousand shares covered within the reporting period.

More covering may be taking place now...we will know in about 2 weeks

As the subject title suggest...even with the high volume in the first few days post the big drop...there was no hurry to cover.

Actually it appeared that there was some bigger short covering that was quickly re-applied short...although unless one is doing the actual trade this is speculation.

History of Cytori says that a positive surprise simply gets shorted in to....I believe we are yet to break free no matter the news for some time yet....sub $ 5.00 thru 2015 is my guess. Then we can see if there are actually sales that are ramping and re-evaluate.

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 10:47 #2098

• fas

History of Cytori says that a positive surprise simply gets shorted in to....I believe we are yet to break free no matter the news for some time yet....sub $ 5.00 thru 2015 is my guess. Then we can see if there are actually sales that are ramping and re-evaluate.

This is all simply nightmare´sh. My thinking is that only upfront money will change the attitude of the shorts.
I have been told that the funds behind this all even are not all that big. But successful with Cytori- no doubt about that.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 11:27 #2099

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
It better be big upfront money because a small number wont matter imho as even with a reduced burn it will only last so long...I also believe a bigger number such as the Lim deal but was really basically a stock sale also wont change much from the short perspective.

I still think its revenues that are the true short killer but a big enough deal that is "clean" with upfront money may give some pause.

As it seems we have been saying for years now: TIME WILL TELL !

New CFO starts soon.

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 11:48 #2102

• fas
Do you think an upfront of the size of the present market cap would do the job?

I think it would and makes me mourn the "ones that got away" :cry: :cry:

I just do not have a clue when Cytori will become a commercial Company. I do not count those peanuts from "translational medicine" :bye:

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 12:41 #2103

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Do you think an upfront of the size of the present market cap would do the job?***

Do I think this gets us above $ 5.00 ? NO

Does it get the shorts off our back ? No, I think they will be happy to short into it after the initial pop.

As far as the translational revenues....I have always hated this as a so called path to market and considered it quite foolish in fact...just too long a road and really no way to say if the market picks its up...as we have seen. Of course, when you have no cash and change company direction every 6 to 9 months I guess its all you have. Especially when management has no idea on how to effectively run a clinical trial.

To expand my reflections....I blame Dean more than CC for us being where we are. Dean was unable to do his job and stop this folly over 18 months ago. As if he didnt have reason when he first stepped into the COB role !!!

Money is coming from somewhere...that we know for sure.

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 12:43 #2104

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Do I think this gets us above .00 ? NO***

Dollar amount should have read Five dollars...answer still NO !

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 13:03 #2105

• fas
I beg to disagree.

But we will never find out who is right, wont we? :bash:

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 28 Aug 2014 14:33 #2106

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I would love to be wrong ! :nice:

Look forward to the answers to our questionare.

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 29 Aug 2014 11:21 #2111

• fas
:nice: :nice:

Was talking to my partner this afternoon, since he talked to Rickey yesterday about the options.

Anyway- he is also extremelysensitive NOT to receive information which has a "restricted" character, so you will never read proprietary information from him as a source. Simply because he (and I ) do not want to know.

But there was something Rickey apparently said, which I think can be shared and ties in wonderfully with this discussion-

his statement (approximately along these lines) :

He is working pretty much full-time apparently, at least much more intensive than Lloyd Dean could, on Cytori with one of his goals being, that shorts will regret the day when they ever heard of the Company name Cytori and decided to short the stock.

Of course- that sounds nice, but most shorts already have made a good living off Cytori the past 7 years and he can ONLY hit the ones that are presently committed on the short side.

Tells me- it has to be a "wham-bam" partner deal and NOT regularly climbing revenues, since that time has not come yet.

Cytori is NOT a commercial company- its that simple.

We will see- it is mere obvious to take notice of another statement, that he would be buying stock at this level like crazy if he could.

And the window of opportunity is open between- 2 days after financial reporting to two weeks before month end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 29 Aug 2014 11:54 #2112

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The statement gives some warmth... and hopefully he will prove to be right sooner than Dean on his comment.....
We have probably (read surely) invested too soon in this company, but ooooh man, what a potential it still has. I hope my children will profit from the investment during years and years !

Short shide comfortable keeping pressure on 29 Aug 2014 12:03 #2113

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
While I was not happy with Rickey and his compensation of Calhoun and Saad, since his appointment to COB he has been a man of action changing things that imho needed to be changed and also, I believe, keeping pressure on those that currently remain in management. I do not believe Dean followed through with his initial statement of being a patient man but his patience is limited. The other more infamous statements from him of course are very well know to all.
Rickey also was a buyer of stock over the years....larger than most anyway.

Circling back to a potential Cytori valuation, if , IF, a big deal comes through.
I believe you really need something dramatic to get above $ 5.00 and let say a "clean" $ 100 million in cash with a partnership still doesnt get it. Even if there was a chance of a clean deal.
I think you need to show buyout potential. A "name" partner that pays big bucks and holds a big stake in Cytori. A partner that takes 20 million shares in the deal thus effectively owning 20% of the company would certainly attract a lot of new eyeballs to CYTX.
All theories of course...but certainly dramatic !!! :grin:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites