• Page:

TOPIC: Patent Life

Patent Life 23 Sep 2014 04:10 #2296

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Not much we can do but wait for the financing issues to be resolved. But there are other issues that concern me with regard CYTX and its potential value going forward.

We have a series of patents that are being added to constantly. Hopefully the new patents are such that they are material in extending the protection of the Celution device.

Does anyone know how long these device patents last?. Are they valid from acceptance by the Patent Office or from when approval for the related product gets FDA approval for distribution?

When a new patent is approved for a new indication eg. Scleroderma or MS does the whole range of prior approved indications continue to have protection on the basis of the last approval? ie. does this provide an extention to cardiovascular patent claims if auto immune indications subsequently get patent protection?

If not to both of the above questions, how much time is still available for the initial patents prior to expiration?.

Given that the device is not a unique drug for a particular indication, there is a potential issue as to the value of the patent estate.

Ideally the device continues to have TOTAL protection on the basis of each new indication that is approved for treatment. I find it hard to believe that a device out in the market is patent protected for some indications and not for others! This is truly a destablising technology in more ways than one.! :KO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Patent Life 23 Sep 2014 04:35 #2297

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
John-

If you want to become the Boards patent expert, I suggest you Google with the words "patent+primer". One gets a boat load of informational stuff than.

One thing I knew was the below: a patent,

Grants to the person or persons having title to this patent, the right to exclude others from making, using or selling the invention throughout the United States of America for the term of twenty years from the effective filing date of the application, subject to the payment of maintenance fees as provided by law.

It takes about 5-6 years for a patent to come through after filing, but there are ways to "change an invention" - i.e. add IP too it which is material. Thats when the whole period gets additional life-time, without knowing exactly how long. (its NOT a new 20 years) :winky:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Patent Life 23 Sep 2014 11:29 #2300

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Here a big list of examples.
Mostly drugs but some equipment.

www.uspto.gov/patents/resources/terms/156.jsp

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites