The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 01 Oct 2014 20:29 #2351

• mr5874
  • mr5874's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
They sure look tasty.

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 02 Oct 2014 02:19 #2352

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yes- they do look nice (from a UK caterer for the opening at Deeside).e..

Did you guys know that lunches at Callan Road were FREE for all personnel up to today?

The caterer who was providing the food could easily afford to pay some rent.

Which leads to the next "hammer"- Callan Road is rented untill at least 2017........

Just calculate ourself- 97.000 ft² or 8700 m² works to over 200 m² per employee (40 assumed) available, with production now in Deeside.

Thats a gigantic "house" for every single employee.
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 02 Oct 2014 13:36 #2354

• mikehelin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
As i recall Marc did say in the Q2 earnings cc that they were going to move. Looks like they need a sub-lease deal.

MEH

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 02 Oct 2014 13:49 #2355

• fas
Hi Mike -

Yeah- could be . Fact is the lease commitment is there and sub-leasing is not always very economical, because you are not very much in control of the terms.

Anyway- the building was always way too big from the very start- also for 140 employees instead of 40.

I did pick up that they are moving the Tokyo office to more reasonable quarters. :KO:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 02 Oct 2014 15:42 #2356

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
All these moves CC, Saad,Shores, real estate, focus on specific targets, should have been done long ago ans have been called for by many for years. They instead choose to milk the cow dry by over paying themselves and awarding free shares for incompetence . Only in professional sports do you get paid for poor production. This is all too little to late. Rickey, Dean all failures and should be held accountable,but they will suffer nothing while investors loose millions. Pitiful :puke:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 02 Oct 2014 17:41 #2357

• forgotmorthanuno
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Rothco , I'm not convinced investors will lose millions....... It aint over yet.....It might just be getting really started good......Average down if you can and let's see what happens. I'm not throwin in the towel til they're shoveling dirt on me.... I expect them to get $$$$ , and Japan is going to explode in 2015......BARDA continues , KT Lim stuff ..... I see a very bright future for cytori after they get through the gauntlet this month. Let's see how the movie plays out. Forgot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, mtpinman, d9dozrman

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 02 Oct 2014 21:25 #2358

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Sorry but Japan is NOT going to explode in 2015 for Cytori.

However forgotmorthanuno., if you believe it is, why not lay out how and what applications will take us there !

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 06:54 #2359

• fas
Hedge-

You know as well as most of us that Hedrick has a tendency to BEND the truth heavily in order to comply and be consistent with prior public statements.
However he occasionally he also gets on a roll with statements that is more his vision and expectations, which does not mean his visions become reality always ( remember- we can smell the inflection point), but at least sound honest (which is rare with him) and true.

The "famous" exchange with Dave Musket, was one of these other great (and I believe- true and truthful) statements...

Yeah, well, so let me take a step back. So we have effectively sort of a device-based approval that allows us to sell this system right now to hospitals. We've got the whole infrastructure in Japan to do that. The problem for us right now in Japan is that we have to – customers that want to do studies have to go through a six to 12-month cycle with a group called the Stem Cell Guideline Committee. You have to do one take and then you apply for your approval, you get your approval and you can treat a certain number of patients and then you can come back and expand that. It's a very inefficient, laborious, time-consuming system. This new legislation will overturn that and then allow doctors to buy the technology and use it without going through the current laborious one-year timeframe. It may even just be a one-day registration. So it can cut our sales cycle time from a year to a day. That could be impactful right away and that's why I'm saying it could have some immediate impact as soon as they overturn that.
The second thing that you really mentioned is, okay, we've got nine or so studies going on, an we take those and convert those into approvals by either taking that data or adding a few more patients and getting formal approval and begin to market it although without reimbursement for that and then set up post-market surveillance studies based on that and then get reimbursement later. And the answer is we absolutely have that as part of our strategy. And if you look at MHLW, the Ministry of Economics and Transport on data, they think that this legislation will cut clinical trial costs in regenerative medicine down by 30%. We probably see more because we hope we're going to be on the lower tier.
And then in the background, we have things that are going on irrespective of this new law, for example, as you know, we have a urology trial that's going, it's multi-center led by Nagoya, which would be geared towards not just early approval, but approval and reimbursement. And so, we're still moving forward on a pathway and we'll talk more about over the next quarter or two to have our own approved and reimbursed technology for specific indications in Japan outside of whatever benefit the new law may have.

Hedrick said that November 2013- in November 2014 the law becomes effective and we know now that that law DOES NOT effect Cytori, since Celution will be device as elsewhere on the globe.

Docters can treat whatever they feel will work. But to me me it is clear, that if you have already data on nine or so studies, it will be rather fast to get approvals on reimbursement if the efficacy is shown. And I believe strongly virtually everything works.

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 08:56 #2360

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas,
Hard to keep from being cynical when it comes to Cytori after being beat up and beaten down for the last 5 years. It may be clear to you that virtually everything works, but with a stock price of .66 not to many others do, and that is what really matters. Very difficult to see any light at the end of this tunnel and to try to even get a return phone call from IR to answer a couple questions is impossible. Guess they have also changed there minds on giving answers to the questions you posed as well. Wasn't that supposed to be right around the corner ?

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 09:18 #2361

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas...I certainly remember the "smell the inflection" conference call....infection maybe should have been more appropiate ! :evil: As we were certainly infected with horrible management.
Approvals and reimbursement may come rather fast on some indications in government terms but that can still eat into a nice chunk of the discussed year 2015. My issue is and perhaps the thinking of Big Pharma and the markets in general is there has been little evidence that the masses are clamouring for stem cell treatments. I believe some areas like sclearoderma may have a reasonably quick pick up but many indications will need a public education curve and it is unknown how long that may take and to what degree acceptance will happen.
We may find that Cytori may only be a nitch player in many applications. Management will not share study results with shareholders...how do they plan to educate a public ??? Will management FINALLY lay out a plan for japan in the Q4 call once the new law take effect ????
BTW...we know we are still waiting for the SUI study that was supposed to start how long ago ?

Here is a shocking suggestion...since we are now a true penny stock....why not open the conference calls to actual investors so real. unscripted questions may be asked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :KO: :bash:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 10:06 #2362

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
To all,
This may seem like a rudimentary question but - does Cytori have any figures regardomg an order backlog for cellution devices? Is there an inventory? :bash: :bang: Are they manufacturing any of the current model, or are they waiting to introduce the new more cost efficient device? If they are as they say a "device company" then where are the manufacturing statistics to support that claim? Do we know how many devices are in the field and the consumption rate for each. Do we have figures which capture the trends that drive the sales of consumables? Or is Cytori just a bag of wind pushed on an ocean of deception by a group of overpaid blowhards? I don't know if I really want to know the answer...

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 10:21 #2363

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
These are exactly the type of questions they DO NOT want on a call. You are far too inquisitive about a company that you are a part owner.

Now you just sit there...take your lumps...and be a quiet fatboy !!! LOL !!!

Just kidding of course. :joy: :grin:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 10:47 #2364

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge,
I would be fat quiet and happy if they could sail the deception to about seven bucks! :vegas:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 12:49 #2365

• fas

Guess they have also changed there minds on giving answers to the questions you posed as well.

Roth- I have been promised that answers will be given on ALL questions. Even I - given the situation of do or die- am against anybody giving that priority. The Company should have ALL priority at this time.

My issue is and perhaps the thinking of Big Pharma and the markets in general is there has been little evidence that the masses are clamoring for stem cell treatments.

Hedge- the masses have been bombarded with ESC technology and its "doomed to fail" ethical hybrid, iPS cell tech. Those masses are now dealing with the phenomenon that left , right and centre- clinics offering SVF treatments are opening. Some middle of road solution has to come- controlled and approved apps which work. In my mind- if Caplan´s theories are correct, yes virtually everything will work, since the "natural healing resources" are used- i.e. the pericytes from the outer wall of arteries and vanes.

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 13:40 #2366

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas...Two thoughts to your reply...first is it doesnt address how long that education curve will be for the public. I do not know the answer myself but it can be longer than many think and likely varies by application. Second...work in everything yes...I understand the point, but will it work sucefficiently enough with the quanity of cells avail. per harvest in everything ?
I dont believe "disruptive technology" has been the sole reason we cant get a pharma to sign on the dotted line. CC's pricing of the technology likely was a factor but I would think we could now get around that given where we are today. I guess we will see what they come up with.

Rothco...I agree with Fas that the answers to the questions are a moot point until the balance sheet issue is put to rest.

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 14:15 #2367

• fas
Hedge-

About your learning curve. Yes- I think you have a point. The primary thing driving the tech should be surgeons. Thats why Japan will be so crucial. If they adopt and in Europe that was pretty lackluster the past years, the word will spread, simply by the statistics of treating with ADRCs versus standard of care.
Of course- clinics like Okyanos and whatever comes after that will help too.
In my mind the US will not play any role (besides BARDA) in the formal development of the tech....the rest of the globe will. However rumors around CSN etc will wet the appetite for treatment which are proven and supported by approvals. I still think the tech is disruptive also....

As usual ..time will tell
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman, d9dozrman

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 16:34 #2368

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas et al

My problem is this. When I bought into this company and its "technology" I saw Cytori as a leading edge scientific company with a jumpstart in regenerative medicine. One with a great product and a large stable of patents dealing with the collection and distribution of ADRC's . With what I have seen in the last few months I am seriously questioning what value if any Cytori has. Nothing management has done has helped me develop any confidence in my investment. They collateralize a penny anti loan with their patents. They abandon their core indication - cardiac after a strategic trial is halted without ever making shareholders aware of the problems. BARDA is one of the only bright spots in their portfolio and BARDA has not been forthcoming in any cash infusion to date. They find a partner KT Lim who is a great fit in the international arena and he loses 75% of his investment. Warrant holders are slaughtered. Those of us who have endured even longer than I can cite many other failures.

Regenerative medicine is a frontier science and I understand that. I was always willing to hold the course and be patient while the researchers do their jobs. I believe there is help for many of those afflicted with illness through the develop of stem cell therapy.

I am just concerned that Cytori is not what I once thought it was. They have not done anything to show us that they are.

Its Friday. Thanks for another shitty week San Diego! :cry:

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 03 Oct 2014 20:58 #2369

• forgotmorthanuno
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Thank you Fas - for articulating a spot-on assessment of cytori's circumstances......I stated many years ago that you are our "unpaid" expert....forgot

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 04 Oct 2014 10:08 #2370

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fatboy, You are correct. Cytori is not what any of us thought what it was. I can say with certainty that those that introduced us to Cytori have been completely Calhouned since day one. These were not greedy people but intelligent business people like Dov who were sold a bill of goods.and had confidence in the technology and the management team. They learned as we did as this circus began to unravel that Cytori was not what they believed it would be. The fact that they had contact with management and were able to communicate gave them a false sense of security and IMHO clouded there ability to be completely objective, Bolstered by the the bravado of Mr. Dean and the arrogance of Mr. Rickey,and the tall tales of Mr Saad and the position of that's my story and I'm stik'n to it we find ourselves in the unenviable position that we are in today. For better or for worse our fate will be sealed within the next 25 days,or perhaps already has been. Mr Hendrik has continued along the path of his predecessors .

The 13 million dollar cupcakes? 04 Oct 2014 10:39 #2371

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas...disruptive to some I agree but not all.

Forgotmorthanuno...lots of pumping but little meat..com'on and throw us a bone. Expand on your position.

Rothco...we did attract a new CFO who was familiar with Cytori so I believe there is some hope for the future....but as you stated, what we once thought the future would be likely will not come to pass for Cytori...that being a blockbuster company.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites