• Page:

TOPIC: Type 1 diabetes and stem cells

Type 1 diabetes and stem cells 12 Oct 2014 14:06 #2445

• mtpinman
  • mtpinman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Fox News did a piece on House Call (10/12) about type 1 diabetes and stem cells.
www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/giant-leap-towards-type-1-diabetes-treatment-114101100374_1.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Type 1 diabetes and stem cells 13 Oct 2014 06:47 #2446

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

This is pretty amazing really-

Apparently The (british) Times did a full page article on Melton. It hardly happens that a discovery which is at the rodent stage gets that much of attention.

From the same paper- suggesting to access the "full article"-

A cure for diabetes is within reach after scientists developed a treatment that eliminates the need for sufferers to inject insulin.
The therapy involves a one-off transplant of laboratory-grown pancreatic cells, which scientists have finally succeeded in producing in large enough volumes to be able to treat patients. The cells worked normally for many months when implanted into mice, and the first human patients should undergo the treatment in the next few years.

I have seen tweets from MD´s treating the disorder, who´s opinion was that the article was "the best way to sell newspapers" :whistle: :yawn:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites