• Page:

TOPIC: A Mirage in the Desert?

A Mirage in the Desert? 18 Nov 2014 09:38 #2707

• mr5874
  • mr5874's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Under a baking sun, this weary stockholder trudges across a seemingly never-ending expanse of desert. Looking up, I suddenly spot something in the distance: a sparkling lake. I rub my eyes. It’s still there. Picking up the pace in glee I stride ahead… only for the water to melt into thin air. Sh*t!!!!

This has been the story of Cytori for me over the past several years. I have not posted in well over a month on this board, but felt compelled to ask some really basic (or not so) questions. With the share price looming around 40 pennies, I now have 1/6th of my original investment. What keeps me in the stock - hope. Is hope a good investment strategy - HELL NO. So, here are a few simple questions that I have for the board.

- Why would Okyanos spend millions of dollars to open the institute and lead with Cytori technology - if the technology didn't work? Why would they spend millions of dollars on some the best physicians and surgeons from around the world to lead this particular effort?

- Does anyone on this board get statistics from the Okyanos venture on the volume of patients treated on a weekly/monthly basis as well as pipeline? I know there are generic news releases that come out time to time, but I want to understand demand. I watch the Facebook page and there are frequent seminars and the majority of the time the room is full.

- Why wouldn't Matt Feshbach gobble up shares at the current price or strike some sort of agreement to elevate stakes in this disruptive tech, where his institute is relying so heavily on the technology? The old mantra of too many eggs in one basket obviously applies, but if he's spent millions on new facilities for treatment, he surely believes in the science, right?

- With the Lorem Vascular engagement, does anyone know if KT Lim scooped up any former Cytori employees? Does anyone have knowledge of where some of the best and brightest have gone? (this obviously does not include the destruction duo)

- A couple of years back, Cytori held a private shareholder meeting in the Southeast US region. Have any of you asked for the company to do something like this again to help streamline communication with shareholders? I have put the request in to Marc.

So I sit, like many of you, with my accounts substantially reduced looking for a glimmer of hope beyond the science. :KO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Mirage in the Desert? 18 Nov 2014 10:00 #2710

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
*** A couple of years back, Cytori held a private shareholder meeting in the Southeast US region. Have any of you asked for the company to do something like this again to help streamline communication with shareholders? I have put the request in to Marc.***

LOL....we cant even get Marc to answer s simple written list of questions from months ago :KO: :KO:

A Mirage in the Desert? 18 Nov 2014 11:08 #2714

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

Under a baking sun, this weary stockholder trudges across a seemingly never-ending expanse of desert. Looking up, I suddenly spot something in the distance: a sparkling lake. I rub my eyes. It’s still there. Picking up the pace in glee I stride ahead… only for the water to melt into thin air. Sh*t!!!!

This has been the story of Cytori for me over the past several years. I have not posted in well over a month on this board, but felt compelled to ask some really basic (or not so) questions. With the share price looming around 40 pennies, I now have 1/6th of my original investment. What keeps me in the stock - hope. Is hope a good investment strategy - HELL NO. So, here are a few simple questions that I have for the board.

I presume- the phenomena you are describing in the first alinea is called a "Fata Morgana" - things that former and present management (I can smell the inflection point) have been seeing a lot through the years. With having lost "only" 5/6 of your investment, you can praise yourself lucky or at least all things are "relative" as long as you have not sold.

I will wait what others have to say, but I have heard a lot about the "Fort lauderdale" meeting in the past-. This SURELY is NOT the way to manage the communications between a public Company and its shareholders........

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A Mirage in the Desert? 18 Nov 2014 11:10 #2715

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Most of the people are here or with CYTX for a long time. Many know more than I do regarding this company. So, I am learning from all of you.

I think cardiology r/d leading to US FDA approval is not an easy path for both big and small biotech firms/pharmas. R/d expenses are always very high, into hundred of millions dollars. In the stem cells space, in the absence of big money, I can see companies like ASTM and NBS spending a lot of investors' money in cardiac studies till the money wells are virtually dry. Here, CYTX may have come to the same conclusion earlier this year, when British Medical J indicates that the use of stem cells in cardiac patients can be very challenging. I think this is brutally true in the US, with very conservative FDA (but no so outside the US). FDA is using traditional practice to evaluating both safety and efficacy. As I have said, if they are using the same standard 30 years ago, no cancer drugs would come to the market. Of course the push for a more lenient FDA reg 30 years ago was the NCI and powerful big pharma lobbies in Washington.

I think all the CYTX clinical data in the cardiac space is very useful for offshore registrations and clinical uses.

This stock has been under attacked, ever since K T Lim's shares were registered. He was allowed to short the shares, etc. If he had indeed used an offshore hedge fund group to manage his CYTX shares, he could have recovered most of his $ 25 million, while getting the CYTX marketing rights in China, etc. The way this stock has been crucified is almost un-American. It has gone down almost weekly if not daily, even in the presence of good news and a very bullish Dow.

Of course, when the stock price is so low, a new group of day traders are now in. People may trade for just a few pennies of profit. What a shame.

In the mean time, I think Hedrick and Rickey are trying to make this a different company: R/d niches in bone, skin and soft tissues (low development costs and time; Hedrick's expertise in plastic surgery areas); overseas sales and marketing through partnerships in broader indications, including cardiac applications. breast reconstructions, sport medicine, etc. Japan, EU and China could still be big markets for revenue over time.

CYTX may still grow from here. The idea of Sabby taking this company private is unlikely, in my opinion. The idea that this company would be bought out by a big pharma is also unlikely, in my opinion. It may remain independent as a niche biotech; it may merge with another biotech to become a bigger firm; or it can be something else (I think Rickey and Hedrick and now Girao may have some ideas where to go in the next few years).

A Mirage in the Desert? 18 Nov 2014 16:10 #2723

• mr5874
  • mr5874's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
With regards to the shareholder meeting, of course it isn't ideal nor is it the proper way to communicate with shareholders... I was merely digging at what was done a few years ago because of information starvation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites