• Page:

TOPIC: Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter?

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 18 Feb 2015 16:01 #3442

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • CalhounDoppelganger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
It seems the Yahoo boards are abuzz about this and that but one thing caught my eye -

Sabby trying to buy out Cytori?

I've never been involved with a company that was bought out or taken private. Whats the usual process with this?

And what recourse does the common shareholder have if they don't want to sell their shares at the PPS offered? Can I just hold out, play hardball and hope for a higher purchase price per share? :whistle:

Thanks in advance for taking the time to educate me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 18 Feb 2015 17:31 #3443

• mtpinman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Do not know if By-laws have hostile anti-takeover provisions? That may limit what can be done.

Have been involved in several from shareholder side and investor side. Made bucks in both.

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 18 Feb 2015 17:36 #3444

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
It's probably not going to happen, just some rumor-mongering.

But if it does, from my observation of past acquisitions, it goes like this:

* Someone gives a bid.
* Company can accept or reject the bid.
* If the company (the Board of Directors) accepts the bid, it's usually over. It depends on the company bylaws, though. If the acquiring company owns more than 50% of voting shares, it's almost always over (again, depends on the bylaws) and you have to sell. (or the shares will be sold for you)
* If the company (the Board of Directors) rejects the bid, the acquirer can make a higher bid or ask the owners of the stock directly (a tender offer). This is called a hostile takeover. Again, it still depends on the bylaws (a lot of companies have poison pills that make it more expensive for acquirers to purchase 100% of stock, via, for example, the issuance of free shares to executives or current shareholders), but in this case, they'd need over 50% of the shares and it's over and the rest have to sell.

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 18 Feb 2015 17:59 #3445

• mtpinman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Agree with your analysis. Last year Astex Pharmaceutical (old SuperGen) shopped company thru broker for pricing. Management and directors usually open bidding if they do not like price. They have to be careful as the lawyers pounce with lawsuits faster than a Democrat will vote to redistribute the wealth.

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 19 Feb 2015 04:31 #3447

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
CCDG-

This Sabby chatter is not worth anybodies time.

First and foremost- Hal Mintz is a relatively simple guy, with strengths in raw financial market dealings. Knows nothing about running a Company and just has a flavor for regen med. Not knowledge. Thereto has no staff to help him all that much.

Second- yes - a potential suitor has to go to the BOD first. With 10XWD statements etc from the past and Rickey´s past purchases of stock at much higher prices, you can forget any cooperation.

With a hostile take-over attempt the poison pill arrangements come into force as soon as a hostile take-over entity owns more than 15% of OS stock.

Than free shares will be bestowed on present holders which the "enemy" has to buy from those shareholders too to get control.

Pretty unlikely therefore- what seems to be happening is a lot of pump. Dumping will come too, assuming no major news from Callan Road (which however could be underway soon.... :grin: )

The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, keysman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 19 Feb 2015 07:16 #3448

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Fas, I agree. Seems to be pump and dump. Algos picked it up after a big purchase without much negotiation was done, and ran with it. then people got excited.

However, that first purchase is still a mystery... If pump and dump expect much higher prices in the near future, then a waterfall drop.

Sabby Hostile Take Over chatter? 24 Feb 2015 11:55 #3495

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

cytxer wrote: Fas, I agree. Seems to be pump and dump. Algos picked it up after a big purchase without much negotiation was done, and ran with it. then people got excited.

However, that first purchase is still a mystery... If pump and dump expect much higher prices in the near future, then a waterfall drop.

Well, now we know that was not a pump and dump. I see some of the old longs have sold already. I am NOT sure this is a good idea now. Looking at the volume involved in the past several days, we are still in the "news pending phase". I would guess more to come soon. that was too much volume and price chasing to have it come back down crashing.

we could go back down to mid 60s and then up again.

My 2 cents.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites