• Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos

Okyanos 17 Mar 2015 10:48 #3827

• Brimstone32
  • Brimstone32's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm new to this board, but have followed CYTX for about 5 years. I don't bother to talk to management anymore, but I am well connected with some of the major players over the years. I thought I could provide a little insight on what is going on in the Bahamas.

First - Marketing Okyanos schedules small seminars around Florida looking to get 20-30 potential patients. Since patients have to pony up some serious cash let's call this country club marketing. It seems to be working as patients come back with positive results and spread the word.

Second - Conditions Treated It's all anecdotal but potential patients are told outcomes on a wide range of conditions. If you read the 3 patients blog of the site you have 2 arthritis type patients and 1 CHF. Nothing really earth shaking there, but what has not been discussed is the use of these cells intravenously Dig into the site and read about how they treat autoimmune and neurologic diseases.. They are treating these diseases and apparently are having success because these cells are extremely anti-inflammatory. Patients have a very quick response if inflammation is the problem. Another perfect condition that hasn't been discussed is COPD. Another huge market.

The really big question is how long the anti-inflammatory effect lasts. I have no idea. Haven't found a patient to talk to.. However, I have a friend that is going to attend a seminar in a couple of weeks and he knows what questions to ask.

Finally, if Okyanos comes out with a patient blog treating MS, RA or Parkinson's with positive results, CYTX could go nuts. Only time will tell here, but in my opinion intravenous is the area to watch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, fatboy, keysman, LTCytx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Okyanos 17 Mar 2015 11:28 #3829

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Appreciate the post.

Okyanos 17 Mar 2015 11:46 #3831

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Welcome to the Board and thanks for your participation.

Yes- the marketing method is not knew, but appears to make sense. Too bad - in the past there was a bit of a smell because of the clinics/doctors that held them. With Okyanos the very first full fledged, legal and science based facility in the space, this will become a big success. Simply because it works. I have known that for ages.

You are very right with the anti-inflammatory (and immune modulatory) virtues of ADRCs. As we now know Thomas Ichim documented that already in 2007 and patented the process. Despite all the publications and the rest of fat based scientific world concentrating on these virtues it took until last year for Cytori to change direction.

Lets say- better late than never. :KO: :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites