• Page:

TOPIC: Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 07:30 #3954

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
New Revenue source? This is kind of surprising news....

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc.(CYTX) announced today that it will formally launch and showcase its new Celase® GMP enzyme at the 2015 International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) annual meeting on May 27th to 30th in Las Vegas. This will mark the first time that Cytori has made Celase® GMP available for purchase as a standalone product.

Celase® is a proprietary enzyme blend that was designed specifically to optimize Cytori’s automated adipose tissue dissociation process. Celase® is produced using avian and mammalian tissue-free raw materials, aseptic processes and sterile filtration under cGMP guidelines.

“Celase® GMP’s unique, best-in-class formulation is the result of significant investment made by Cytori,” said Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori Therapeutics(CYTX). “By making Celase® GMP broadly available to researchers, we believe Cytori can simultaneously accelerate the cell therapy field, de-risk clinical implementation and enhance our cash flows. This represents a clear win-win scenario for all parties.”

Integrating Celase® GMP into cell isolation study protocols can facilitate a smooth transition from bench and animal research to downstream clinical applications. Celase® has been approved by the U.S. FDA for use in clinical trials evaluating Cytori Cell Therapy™ in patients with chronic heart failure, osteoarthritis of the knee and hand manifestations of scleroderma.

“Each day our goal is to deliver the best possible health care to our patients. Using a clinical grade enzyme such as Celase® to generate a safe and high quality cell output to treat patients helps us attain this goal,” said Dr. Maurizio Calcagni, Vice Chairman of the Division of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at University Hospital Zurich.

“Cytori’s new Celase® GMP product will provide researchers with superior and unparalleled convenience in their lab, clarity in their approach, and confidence in their results,” said Russ Havranek, Director of Global Marketing and Sales at Cytori Therapeutics(CYTX).

ISCT attendees are invited to meet with Cytori representatives at booth #901 to learn more about Celase® GMP. Researchers may also visit www.celase.com to be informed of announcements and special offers or send inquiries to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. about purchasing Celase® GMP directly.

About Cytori Therapeutics, Inc.(CYTX)

Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) is a late stage cell therapy company developing laboratory equipment and autologous cell therapies from adipose tissue to treat a variety of medical conditions. Data from preclinical studies and clinical trials suggest that Cytori Cell Therapy™ acts principally by improving blood flow, modulating the immune system, and facilitating wound repair. As a result, Cytori Cell Therapy™ may provide benefits across multiple disease states and can be made available to the physician and patient at the point-of-care through Cytori’s proprietary technologies and products. For more information, please visit www.cytori.com .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 07:45 #3955

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yes- quite surprising news. :yep:

Celase- as far as I remember is the Cytori trade name for Blendzyme III - a specialized collagenase- as produced by Roche in Mannheim I believe. But than again- Roche and Cytori developed the product together and the contract should state that Cytori is the EXCLUSIVE customer.

Yes- this looks like a win-win for all- the manufacturers, the IP owners and the industry i.e. future customers.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 08:31 #3956

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
My question is....is this Cytori's own formulation, without Roche ?

***Celase® is a proprietary enzyme blend ***

***“Cytori’s new Celase® GMP product***

These statements make me wonder if this was developed in house.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 08:43 #3957

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge, I think it was in collaboration with Roche and certainly manufactured by Roche. Sort of like a private label deal. The key here is they have EU approval to put it into the bloodstream of a patient. Is this like the idea of "Intel Inside"? Marc just emailed me back that there are a lot of inferior enzymes out there that are a risk to the field. Users of thier top of the line enzyme may eventually become customers of the rest of the equipment. I suppose this is especially true when the new version of the Celution is released.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 08:46 #3958

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Makes sense WST
CYTX certainly doesnt have large sale manufacturing capabilities.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 08:47 #3959

• fas

These statements make me wonder if this was developed in house.

Hedrick has a tendency to call "efforts" by others his own. This stems from the early days of research (the lost IP battle on 231) to recent developments of totally changing the core applications, which were suddenly Cytori´s work instead of translational effort (which it was :grin: )

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 08:55 #3961

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

Wall Street Titan wrote: The key here is they have EU approval to put it into the bloodstream of a patient..

Is this what Okyanos is doing?

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 09:03 #3962

• fas

The key here is they have EU approval to put it into the bloodstream of a patient.

WST-

You do not want enzymes in a patients bloodstream period. The residues going in SVF are the lowest in the industry and makes Cytori the leader it is. IntraVase as an additional enzyme that takes care that SVF being prepared in Celution is very unlikely to clot or stick together whilst being inputted into a patient by IV.

Sidenote- that particular risk seems a lot smaller than originally assumed by the way. :whistle:

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 25 Mar 2015 09:56 #3965

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, I was referring to the ADRC output not the enzyme. I could have been clearer.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 26 Mar 2015 09:22 #3970

• forgotmorthanuno
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Co-developed by cytori and Roche..........In my only visit to Callan Road , Saad stated to me that it was exclusive as long as cytori purchased a certain amount........F

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 26 Mar 2015 10:30 #3971

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
So yesterdays news helps with their minimal purchase order as well. To be honest, I was really wondering how this news changed all that much. Sure a few bucks in extra revenue but is there really a worthwhile strategy without a celution device ? Would the puregraft folks be interested ?

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 26 Mar 2015 18:54 #3979

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Doesn't it also force the competition (soon to be customers) to acknowledge some of Cytori's patents as being important?? Circumventing Cytori's patents has its own application risks even if Cytori doesn't have the capital/ ability to sue anyone.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 26 Mar 2015 20:00 #3981

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Doesn't it also force the competition (soon to be customers) to acknowledge some of Cytori's patents as being important?? ***

My point is without the CTX2...how much so ?

The force is coming from the FDA guidelines vs the Celase availability as a stand alone product.

I have considered when MSFT made their source code open and AAPL left theirs proprietary and MSFT ended up eating AAPL alive. So yes, sharing was a benefit.
More recently TSLA have been willing to share their patents and the jury is still out if it will have any impact on electric vehicle adoption.

I do believe that clinics will for forced in the USA to adopt Cytori's products in the end. I just don't know how much yesterdays news changed the timeline.

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 27 Mar 2015 10:07 #3986

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Wow Hedge,
Nice to know that when you think about Cytori you think of Microsoft, Apple and Tesla. Thanks for that! :winky:

Cytori Launches Celase® GMP Product Product 27 Mar 2015 10:25 #3987

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Hedge, I must disagree... Apple kept it closed and that is why is crushing both Google and MSFT. The reason MSFT almost killed Apple was because of cheap desktops in 90s, which created Dell, HP, etc...... add to it, the Windows/office, and you have MSFT...

Apple kept it closed and now is killing them open source crowd, since most of their (GOOG, MSFT) effort is to keep things consistent, so everything slows down... Apple's OS is much faster with slower processors, because everything is in order.

TSLA is a different story, They have a better technology, so they are sharing the old ones... TSLA's new technology is going to amaze soon.

This news regarding Cytori, to me, they are putting a good spin on something they had to do...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites