Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis?

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 07:19 #5091

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
We've seen much evidence that ADRC's will prove effective for knee osteoarthritis. In fact, there is an illegal cottage industry within the U.S. already doing this business. Here is yet one more article reporting on additional relevant studies.

Personally, it is my opinion that the shares have hit bottom. The second tranche of the miserable financing had pressured shares in the last few weeks and that is now behind us. Cytori has at least a year of cash and will report its Phase II knee results well within this time frame. The pivital trial of 80 patients in Scleroderma should enroll quickly since patients have no alternative therapies and get the benefit of a crossover after the trial is completed. If I were afflicted with this disease, I'd do my best to get enrolled. Its a no-brainer: a FREE, potentially live changing therapy.

Cytori has been an unmitigated disaster of horrible execution and misdirected roads to nowhere. That fact cannot be denied. However, if you take a snapshot of where they are today, look forward at the clinical pipeline and compare this picture to the market cap, it seems to me that the risk reward dynamics are very favorable despite the week balance sheet. JMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 08:58 #5092

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
I agree wholeheartedly. The market cap is a joke but the potential is huge. Scleroderma should enroll very quickly and the 24 week results should/could be available on a top line basis as soon as mid 2016. Success would open up the way to a large number of autoimmune indications such as rhematoid arthritis which is often debilitating.

As regards the ADVANCE and ATHENA studies it is clear that Cytori at this stage cannot fund the trials required to progress in the cardiac space. That does not however justify the non disclosure of the data generated to date. Okyanos is treating patients in the chronic myocardial ischemia space on the basis of earlier trial data. This is an indication that could be partnered.

Also lets not forget ACL and meniscus trials being undertaken by Cugat in Barcelona. A potentially huge market. The BARDA trials are also capable of addressing a variety of wound indicationsbeyond burns, eg PAD, diabetic ulcers etc.

The number of trials using fat sourced ADRC and stem cells has mushroomed. Cytori is theoretically in a very good position. Additional wholesale dilution given its clinical prospects would be inexcusable. Lets hope management agrees and that Hayden's presence breaks the mold of CYTX's over-promising and not delivering a serious partnership agreement.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 09:19 #5093

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Well, Fas doesn't like me very much and these posts are all deleted... I had written a good response again, but wasn't meant to be...

Let's just say, they still have 100s of millions of shares to dilute BEFORE GETTING THERE, IF EVER... we are in the starting stages of a correction (MULTI YEAR), and Uncle Marc is years away from anything meaningful..

If you think all these shares will make money by themselves, shrinking PE ratio in the market, and no income form Marc but only empty promises... then go ahead and trade away, but don't :cry: when the $#!T starts to sink again.

For those who want to trade, there are far better options than this dead dog... hundreds of millions of shares require 10s of million of income to get anywhere near a dollar mark...

Go ahead, and get fooled again, by the same one-trick pony

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 09:33 #5094

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST, reading your post again, I should just LOL and shake my head and say...

Yes, you are correct, it's all well now.. let's all jump in and buy buy buy..... :write:

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 09:50 #5095

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Cytxer, No one said, "it's all well now" so don't mischaracterize what I said. Cytori has a relatively short term clinical pipeline. Both osteoarthritis and scleroderma have more than reasonable shots at success. The market cap currently reflects the balance sheet risk vs. this pipeline but it also reflects the negativity of a failed history. Success is required on the pipeline and if it is achieved, in my opinion, shares will move higher. Sustainability of a higher share price only comes with a capital infusion from the monetization of this pipeline and a perception that a revenue ramp is in the future. I like the risk reward ratio here but all is not well until it is. BTW, we could see Athena results presented in November at an AHA conference although this still remains to be seen.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 10:00 #5096

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

Well, Fas doesn't like me very much and these posts are all deleted... I had written a good response again, but wasn't meant to be...

I do not recall deleting anything the past 3-4 months or so. And in 5 years of being board moderator, I think I deleted about 3 posts and explained that. As long as nobody is personally insulting I hope to keep my record like that.

Needless to say - I also concur with the statements of WST and Rongside and even had to pleasure to collect a nice (in my usual modest mode) chunk of under 30 cent CYTX´s on Friday. :nice:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 30 Aug 2015 10:15 #5097

• fas
The ADIPOA trial was very small and I believe must be very expensive to culture them auto cells.

The record at clinicaltrials.gov: HERE

Christian Jörgensen from Montpellier was one of the speakers at the European Cellsociety in Marseille and surely we will have the great opportunity later to compare notes which appears more effective after Cytori release the data and Jorgensen too.

Based on that comparison the opportunity MUST be available to develop the app in Europe too by an ortho player, assuming the comparison is favorable.

Anyway- some more information on ADIPOA 2 in Erostemcell.org : HERE

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 31 Aug 2015 08:12 #5108

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
CYtxer, You always make great technical calls.

Hedrick bought more shares late last week around 30 cents.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 31 Aug 2015 08:38 #5109

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am the only one who talks about it... from the timing of pumps and bashes I can tell there are others who keep it quite for their own benefit.

There might a few more pennies left in this bounce before then flat lining around here for a while...

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 31 Aug 2015 11:15 #5116

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
WST Wrote,

The market cap currently reflects the balance sheet risk vs. this pipeline but it also reflects the negativity of a failed history

Can they change the dynamic of negativity that haunts this company? We are all waiting for the answer. And saying that there is not a lot of downside risk at this level is not an overly optimistic stance. Especially when you have hemorrhaged money watching this drama play out. Somehow the "cytxer's" of the world do not seem so "cryptic" any longer.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 31 Aug 2015 13:12 #5117

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
fatboy

Just one thing puts our history behind us, one of the thing I have written about for years...a EARNINGS RAMP ! :KO:

Until then we wait for Scleroderma and OA news.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 31 Aug 2015 13:43 #5119

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Message from Fas:

I just deleted a message from CYTXer in which he accused DOV of being something DOV really is NOT.

I just provide one yellow card- the next one is red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wall Street Titan

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 12 Sep 2015 15:05 #5215

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Centeno study on Knee Stem Cell Treatments. He ran two groups. One with BM MSCs and another with BM MSCs plus a fat graft. Not a concentrated injection of ADRCs, mind you, but a simple fat graft with oils removed. He makes sure to point out that the addition of the fat graft did not show any additional benefit. Wonder what would have happened if both groups got ADRCs and Group B also got BM MSCs, LOL. Would the additional BM stem cells in Group B make a difference?

By the way this is not placebo controlled or double blinded.

Will Cytori Succeed on Knee Osteoarthritis? 13 Sep 2015 04:43 #5216

• fas

Wonder what would have happened if both groups got ADRCs and Group B also got BM MSCs, LOL. Would the additional BM stem cells in Group B make a difference?

What should not be forgotten, is that the cells main mechanism of therapeutic action is paracrine i.e. induce local endogenous cells to do certain healing action through release of trophic factors and cytokines.

From very early on- round 2006-2010- we already know for instance that both BMP-2 and ADRCs individually have positive healing impact inclusive bone growth in ortho grafts. Combining the two however shows no additional benefits.

Why is that? The number of LOCAL endogenous cells that have receptors for therapeutic actions has a limit, therefore there is a threshold on what cells can do, regardless how many cells you input and where they come from. :winky: :whistle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites