Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General
  • Page:

TOPIC: ATHENA trial dropped off the map.

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 04 Nov 2015 18:05 #5409

• agamemnus
  • agamemnus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I just did a manual and then automated (text) search for any mention of Cytori or ATHENA in the AHA conference schedule PDF. Nothing.

What's going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 05 Nov 2015 07:37 #5412

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
It is now likely that the abstract was not accepted, because of early termination and inconclusive results. If so, maybe it is good, because further discussion may not be good for the company. Earlier studies were considered "good", though the results may not be statistically significant (not enough data points).

IMO, ATHENA is always a hidden problem, since most stem cells studies (beyond CYTX) for cardio complications are not statistically meaningful.

As Hedrick has mentioned there has not been any ATHENA related activity for a "long" while. I think this is good, because in the absence of a significant partnership, any big cardio trial is financially suicidal. (This assessment does not apply just to CYTX, but to many other stem cells r/d companies, including VCEL).

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 05 Nov 2015 08:17 #5413

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Just another example of the bad decisions made by Cytori management. Before the Athena bust it was all in on Cardio, that was the golden egg
to take us to the promised land, yet it went the way of breast reconstruction, Barda and every other do over. Then of course they do the old if we don't talk about it shareholders will forget and they can announce the next magic bullet which is now Sceloderma. Does anyone expect to hear anything positive from this call or do we once again have to listen to Giro tell us about cost cutting. Where is cellution 2 ? Where is a check from Barda ? Did KT Lim pass away recently,leaving no money for Lorem ? Happy Birthday to Okeyanos, maybe Hedrik will wish them a happy Birthday in the call as he has not mentioned them in any of the most recent calls. Guess they are not contributing anything to the bottom line.
My niece generated more $'s selling girl scout cookies last quarter then Cytori generated during the same time frame. I think even Dov is expressing his frustration lately. :puke: :bash: :evil:

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 05 Nov 2015 09:09 #5414

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Roth, the following discussion is just my personal opinion:

If the PPS does not go beyond $ 1 during the coming January effect (actually November indicator is often considered the fore taste of may come early in 2016), I think CYTX may have to do a r/s of some sort. If so, people should be prepared. R/s may be good for the company:

I think it may be difficult to get big corporate partnership even for the knee pain (I think big pharmas are convinced that stem cells r/d is still too early to jump in big). By r/s, CYTX will be able to generate new money with higher stock prices. Just my opinion.

Because of this consideration, I think PPS below 50 cents could be better hold presently.

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 05 Nov 2015 09:28 #5415

• carl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Franshei, sorry but i don't follow you in this r/s opinion.

Raising 10-20 million at 0.50 cents will have the same effect on dilution as at 5.00 after a r/s of 1/10.
The only advantage may be that some funds invest only in stocks at a price higher than..... and that this can boost the stockprice.
Besides of this I don't see any advantage.

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 05 Nov 2015 09:57 #5416

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Carl,

I agree that the r/s has no impact other then deflating the psyche of the shareholders, then there is the alleviation of the ticking clock on de-listing that would destroy the Company. Even with a r/s I am not sure if the capitalization of the enterprise will meet the threshold of the exchange?

ATHENA trial dropped off the map. 05 Nov 2015 16:51 #5426

• agamemnus
  • agamemnus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Ok, just mentioned in the CC. ATHENA was submitted to AHA conference but not accepted. Trends but nothing definitive. They will re-submit with 6-month and 12-month data. Almost entirely discounted. Might revisit in the future.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites