The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Small Astellas Update

Small Astellas Update 04 Nov 2014 02:40 #2583

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
In the article on the site here on the future direction of Astellas, mention has been made of the MAJOR reorganization that took place at Astellas in 2013 (announced May 2013)

On April 1 this year the completion of the changes from an organizational perspective was announced as the "Regenerative medicine Unit" was established.

The Regenerative Medicine Unit will implement the following activities in order to continuously create pipelines for regenerative medicine and cell therapy that will have advantages in the competition, in a speedy manner.
- To establish and maintain technology platform involving regenerative medicine and cell therapy taking advantage of multi-functional characteristics of cells in order to realize higher efficacy of treatment that cannot be achieved by existing therapy.
- To bear the hub function as the core research unit of regenerative medicine and cell therapy research.

To me this means that their Vision has not changed at all and the strategic direction remains the same as for 4 years. :really: :yawn:

Time will tell

File Attachment:

File Name: Regen-unit-establishedatAstellas.pdf
File Size: 29 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Small Astellas Update 26 Dec 2014 04:12 #2989

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
CYTOKINETICS AND ASTELLAS ANNOUNCE EXPANSION OF COLLABORATION FOR DEVELOPMENT OF CK-2127107 IN SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHY AND OTHER NEUROMUSCULAR INDICATIONS

December 24, 2014

Cytokinetics Expects to Receive Over $75 Million in Committed Capital and Reimbursements For Planned Activities

Could Astellas Partner with cytori? (I know they have a stake but for an indication?)

holdi

holdi

Small Astellas Update 26 Dec 2014 08:09 #2991

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Holdi- back in December 2010, when Astellas acquired their shares- the premium they paid really only had to do with "the first right of refusal to negotiate a deal on liver regeneration".

At the time- the announcement spoke of "the new generation of drugs with cells technology".

Last year Astellas spoke of plain "somatic cell therapies", without specifying specific indications or targets.

Most recent update on Astellas (only 2 weeks ago) - Astellas Update

the CEO spoke of- Drugs and devices in regen med. Of course that could be any device, but logical would be that the device does produce cells...... :cool:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites