The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opportunity knocks at Cowen

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 03 Mar 2015 09:01 #3623

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) announced today that Dr. Marc H. Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori Therapeutics, will present at the 35th Annual Cowen and Company Health Care Conference in Boston, March 2-5, 2015. Cytori’s presentation is scheduled to begin March 4th at 8:40 AM Eastern Time, in Salon H, on the 4th floor of the Boston Marriott Copley Place. A breakout session will follow at 9:20 AM, in Salon I, on the 4th floor.

A live audio webcast of the presentation will be available under the investor relations section of Cytori’s website at www.cytori.com . A replay of the presentation will be available for 90 days following the event. Please connect to Cytori’s website several minutes prior to the start of the webcast to ensure adequate time for any software download that may be necessary.

About Cowen and Company’s Healthcare Conference

The Annual Cowen and Company Health Care Conference brings together investors and highly regarded healthcare companies from several healthcare related fields. There will be over 250 presenting public and private companies and more than 700 investment managers in attendance.

Lets hope Hedrick has more to say than the usual stuff. Depending on time available another opportunity to communicate new items- small or a bit bigger. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 03 Mar 2015 09:22 #3624

• fas
Of course- this announcement is pretty "late" and somewhat unexpected, since its already tomorrow before the opening of Wall Street. :yep:

Anyway- time will tell. :yawn:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 03 Mar 2015 09:42 #3625

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
One could guess that if he doesn't have anything interesting and new to share, then share prices could retrace back to .70s...

Let's hope they sold some shares in this massive several days of churn, or there is no hope for us shareholders anymore.

:really:

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 03 Mar 2015 15:10 #3632

• fas

One could guess that if he doesn't have anything interesting and new to share, then share prices could retrace back to .70s...

In the past when CYTX was an investors stock and not a trading stock- like it appears to develop into now- I presume Cytori officers presenting at these events went into them with an attitude to explain the business model to meeting attendants and were available to ask questions to.

I guess thats the purpose of these meetings and NOT to launch a specific news or announcement. However when reading these trader boards like Yahoo - they DO expect something and I expect Hedrick to know that and be sensitive to it.

That- although it does not make sense... :bash:

Let's hope they sold some shares in this massive several days of churn, or there is no hope for us shareholders anymore.

Well- they had the opportunity and still have. Actually I am pretty confident after last week. Just a decent news and this will explode under high volume again and I am sure Tiago will be smiling. :grin:

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 03 Mar 2015 15:23 #3634

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
agree, nothing earth shattering at Cowen...not the forum.

However, privately cant believe the ATM wont be discussed with Cowen reps.

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 06:12 #3637

• grady257
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Cytori issue presentation for the Cowen conference today.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, rongside, d9dozrman

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 06:52 #3638

• fas
Yes- it has two slides with unaudited information from the Year-end results in the presentation for which reason the 8K was issued.

They are impressive- just a second and I will roll them through Photoshop... :KO:

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 06:59 #3639

• fas
So in the first slide you see the result of the impressive reductions in cash burn which come mainly from overhead- 2015 obviously has a lot of trial cost for scleroderma and OA in them.

The second slide has the total revenue for Q4- about 3.7 Mio and shows a positive contribution margin for the Sales Group... :winky:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 07:12 #3640

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Nice presentation. I particularly liked the slides comparing Rheumatoid Arthritis with Scleroderma. I believe that there is a high probability that if successful in Scleroderma then it will also succeed in RA. If so, that could make CYTX a very hot stock indeed.

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 07:47 #3643

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
So what is considered non-core ?
Japan was always the lead revenue driver...so are they telling us there will be no partner in Japan ?

What will be a non-core indication...we know alopecia but his cardiac now non-core ?

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 08:46 #3646

• fas
Hedge-

Hedrick is an MD and surely has been learning a lot and fast in the past 13 years. But with core and non-core he should be very careful. I think he means focussed and non-focus apps- that is presently CHF does not have focus- however it does not mean Okyanos and cardiac for China will become none-core and are in danger to be disposed of or moth-balled. :grin:

Anyway- while it was published- the numbers from Tiago´s announcement... for me this all has less relevance at present except for taking notice of the fact that they are doing what they promised they would do in cost-cutting etc etc i.e. are successful. :nice:

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) today provided a business and financial performance update in its presentation at the Cowen and Company 35th Annual Health Care Conference in Boston today. The corporate presentation includes certain top-line preliminary unaudited financial results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2014 and select performance guidance for the full-year 2015.

Preliminary cash and debt balances at December 31, 2014 of approximately $14.6 million and $25 million, respectively.
Preliminary Q4 and full-year 2014 operating cash burn of approximately $4.9 million and $30.3 million; respectively.
Preliminary Q4 and full-year 2014 product revenue of approximately $2.5 million and $5.0 million, respectively.
Preliminary Q4 and full-year 2014 contribution (profit/loss) from our sales and marketing organization, excluding share based compensation, of a profit of approximately $44 thousand and a loss of approximately $3.9 million, respectively.
Preliminary Q4 and full-year 2014 contract revenue of approximately $1.3 million and $2.6 million, respectively.
Estimation of 2015 operating cash burn of approximately $25 million.
Full-year 2015 product revenue expected to be within a range from $5 million and $8 million.
Full-year 2015 contribution (profit/loss) from our sales and marketing organization, excluding share based compensation, expected to be a profit ranging from $100 thousand and $300 thousand.
Full-year 2015 contract revenue expected to be within a range from $6 million and $8 million.
"During 2014, we were able to combine expense reductions with continued achievement of our business objectives. For example, we reduced our quarterly operating cash burn from a high of $9.2 million in Q2 2014 to $4.9 million in Q4 2014 and restructured our sales and marketing organization to essentially breakeven by Q4 2015," said Dr. Marc H. Hedrick, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our team has made good progress over the year in a number of areas and the business and interim financial data presented today show more clearly the direction in which we intend to head and our outlook for 2015."

[/b]

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 08:48 #3647

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
***So what is considered non-core ? Japan was always the lead revenue driver...so are they telling us there will be no partner in Japan?***

Hedge, I concur. What's going on in Japan? Hopefully that will be addressed during the next conference call. I'm getting a little uneasy with the non-mention of Japan, in what was supposed to have been a key building block in our revenue growth.

d9

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 08:51 #3648

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Thanks Fas, we were posting at the same moment.

d9

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 10:11 #3653

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Well they already have a partner in Japan on Scleroderma - The Japan government. They are providing the funding in a prepackaged path that included reimbursement with approval. Can't get a better partnership than that.

Just got a cortisone shot into my rotator cuff. Looks like a strain but, as I was being treated, I realized it is mind boggling how big and relevant the ortho market is to Cytori's therapy. NASIDs mess up my stomach and that is the best they have right now other than a cortisone shot that cannot be given too often and not recommended on younger patients. Cytori is focused on OA of the knee but there are many other joints in the body that would benefit. Recall the Philippines doctor I interviewed (he sent me his MRIs) who had great results. Now consider that the FDA will soon pass new guidance that should put a stop to all those stem cell clinics now operating in the U.S. I'm sure the FDA is getting many comments from both outraged patients and doctorswho have already moved ahead with SVF therapies. This should put pressure on the FDA to get Cytori's therapy approved, especially since safety is not an issue. End result, a monopoly on the ortho market. My big question is whether, once approved for the knee, can an orthopedic surgeon treat the shoulder, the hip, the wrist, the hand, the back? Off label use?

The cards are being dealt and the FDA is handing Cytori a Royal Flush in sports medicine an at the same time in the process of blocking everyone else.

WST
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman, keysman, Old Young Fox

Opportunity knocks at Cowen 04 Mar 2015 10:34 #3654

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Speaking of the new guidance.... www.ipscell.com/2015/03/armfda/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites