The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Q1 2015 Conference call May 11

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 11 May 2015 16:00 #4486

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Is about to begin, but its bedtime for me and I will listen tomorrow.

Hopefully I can read some impressions and comments here when I get up tomorrow. :whistle:

Have fun. :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 05:17 #4489

• fas
No comments or impressions, so I presume no one was really impressed or heard things that they felt like was in need of sharing with other shareholders. :whistle:

I was lucky- when I opened my mailbox this morning- notification was already there that Seeking Alpha had the transcript of the call available. That helps- do not have to listen at all, but can do some relaxed reading, which I finished doing and came away to the conclusion that Hedrick and Girao are continuing their policy of narrow focus by only commenting on what everybody knows already and the progress achieved in the last period on those things. So only US focus, with sclerodec II (Europe) and SUI (Japan) as added international focus, thereto cash and cash savings compared to prior periods.

Surely the shareholders seeing "ghosts" are relieved that the Lorem order is placed. :grin:

Anyway- there were definitely some things worth mentioning:

1. Enrollment of OA is really good- first patient reported treated in January- in early May half of the scheduled 90 or done :yep: Very good! In fact there is a clinic which did 3 patients on one day!

So, our osteoarthritis U.S. Phase IIb pilot trial in knee osteoarthritis is enrolling well. It should be at 50% of the trial enrolled or greater by the end of the week. That's over 45 patients. So, we're on track to meet our goal for enrollment in 2015. And assuming the present enrollment rate continues, data should be available in the first half of 2016, on track with our forecast.

2. The second good thing exactly relates to what I am moaning about for 8 years since translational medicine started for Cytori and which I think are VIOLATING SARBANES-OXLEY SEC regulation. If Hedrick has enough spare coins in his budget, he will pull another translational development out-of-his-hat and thinks it can go straight into a pivotal trial just like scleroderma...
I think we should know that already GODDAMMIT...

the company behind the scenes is evaluating bringing an additional cellular therapeutic for a new niche of rare indication forward in the U.S., provided of course we have sufficient capital at that time to do so. And we're really just trying to follow the paradigm that I think we validated in scleroderma and that with pilot the promising early clinical data in a o-U.S. market. If that data looks good, the safety profile looks good, we have the opportunity to bring that back to the U.S. and go into a pivotal study design. And so, we'll continue to update on our internal research in terms of filling out our pipeline.

3. At least - although NOT voluntarily- the question of why the secondary now and why with these horrible terms was addressed. The answer was as could be expected- not satisfactory- but the only thing they can say. They simply are not capable of getting anything better, which has also to do with the legacy they are confronted with .... :cry: :evil:

Ken Arnold- Everglades Parkland Advisors LLC
It just seems that the placement agent, the terms seem a little tough with the coverage, considering the milestones the company has achieved over the last few months. Like I said, just what the book showed.

Marc H. Hedrick - President, Chief Executive Officer & Director
Yeah. So I understand why one would think that and – we don't like the terms either, right. So, the challenge is trying to raise money when some of that's going to debt repayment and debt restructuring and to pay off an Olympus liability such as that. So, that created, in our view, more of a challenge in terms of optimizing the terms. To your question about the ATM, the terms are much better when you use the ATM given the degree of discount fee to the banker and no warrant coverage. That clearly is the lowest cost of capital. But in the situation we found ourselves in, we had – now was the time to make that decision, not bear anymore market downturn risk, get the best possible situation, raise the least amount of capital to be able to address those three issues that we had. And I think – I understand where you're coming from but – I get that, but this was in our view the right thing for the company at this time.

4. In his closing remarks Hedrick gave up on his defensiveness (was my impression) and showed some of the excitement that (hopefully) still drives him by talking enthusiastically on the new generation device CTX-2. To me the development takes way way too long ( whats new?? , but at least we seem to be getting there...

At the same time, we're making great strides in bringing our next-generation platform to the development process. I can tell you that that product is performing at or better than expectations currently where we are. I have a good feeling that that's going to significantly change the economic proposition of bringing adipose-based cellular therapies to market. It's going to enhance the customer experience based on the amount of engineering fire power that's gone into this thing, and then it's going to expand the business model. We've talked about not only device-based model, but potentially selling the therapeutic as well. And this system is going to address all of those issues.

And then finally on a practical level, the implementation problems that we've seen using the current technology in terms of the time it takes to process, the costs and so forth should be solved substantially in this forthcoming generation of technology

Those were the highlights to me.

Other comments are welcome... :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman, fatboy, mikeadd@twitter

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 05:40 #4490

• fas
In respect of the ATHENA data.

Rongside and all others interested , which includes myself of course...have to be patient (again) :bash:

In terms of publications, on the whole, the company intends to submit the truncated ATHENA heart failure trial data for presentation at a cardiology meeting this fall, likely TCT or American Heart Association.

TCT 2015 is from October 11 to 15 in San Francisco :whistle: , whilst

AHA Scientific Sessions are from November 7 to 11 in Orlando Florida. :bye:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 06:09 #4492

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Thanks Fas !

I find something very strange is happening as the tone of the lodged seems to be getting more bearish, I am getting more interested. Of course Cytori will always be Cytori with scars and warts....LOL !

I thought the OA progress was good and rare for a Cytori trial.

CTX-2 moving along I guess but I always had a Q4 target in mind for completion/launch....Hedrick gave no timeline that I heard.

ATHENA....so back burner I personally don't think it matters the result is still 6 months away.

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 07:43 #4494

• Yves
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi myownhedgefund !

Long time no speak - I agree with you the tone has changed, strong words like "scam", "fraud", "lawsuit", "villain" are now posted on this board while before they were mainly found on the yahoo message board. The rally from 30 cents to 1.5$ had created some hopes and the recent pullback brings back the negative sentiments - human nature I guess. Capitulation has been reached or is close.

I guess for me, watching the stock price on rare occasions makes it easier to hold.

Yves

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 08:24 #4495

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

Yves wrote:

I guess for me, watching the stock price on rare occasions makes it easier to hold.

Yves

Or easy to forget?

It might seem a bit strange, but I have repeatedly said that this is the American way, the free market way... no crying, period.

Cytori is doomed, doomed compared to what we used to hear last year, maybe even this year. We all talked about a trillion dollar industry, when they told the partners-to-be to go $#$# themselves. The company we thought would be healing MIs and boobs, etc.... We thought this because we were told by Chris and Saad and Marc and Tom, etc... in addition to the guys that I mentioned. was a group thinking and self-believing? maybe, maybe not. we cannot proof a negative, can we? anyway.... DONE WITH THIS.

So, if you are buying a company that is going to be cash flow positive (Assuming the next couple of trials do not fail) then in a few years, with a lot more dilution - and if they survive - then yes, go ahead and buy more...

Good luck with what you think Marc said last night. I was taking care of my shredding, while the Call was going on. I kind of knew what they were going to say. :yawn:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 09:02 #4496

• mikeadd@twitter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I found no mention of ctx-2 timeline most annoying, especially since Hedrick indicated it will be a game changer (I interpreted his remarks that way)

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 09:24 #4497

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Yves

I guess it has been some time because I forgot you were registered here...LOL.

The keys here so far (imho) have been limiting your expectations and not over betting/playing the investment

Calhoun, Saad and Dean are gone....but as Fas correctly states, the mess remains and is taking time to clean up and it is a painful process. Especially painful since it was easy to see mistakes happening and not a darn thing you could do to stop it....except sell I guess. :bash:
Our new CFO has his work cut out for him but attacking the debt as much as possible, as soon as reasonable, while still funding the company's controlled cash burn is a path I can respect. FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the mean time... I will continue to have a honest and as warranted, critical views. :evil:

Oh...did I just use the word "warrant" ? :really: Sorry everyone ! :KO:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 09:43 #4498

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

myownhedgefund wrote:

Oh...did I just use the word "warrant" ? :really: Sorry everyone ! :KO:

:joy:

Taking pleasure in other's pain?

But again, common at ,41 should make no expired warrant holder upset :cool:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 10:19 #4500

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Our ability to continue as a going concern is dependent upon our ability to generate profitable operations in the future and/or to obtain the necessary financing to meet our obligations and repay our liabilities arising from normal business operations when they come due. We plan to continue to provide for our capital requirements by issuing additional equity and/or debt. No assurance can be given that additional capital will be available when required or on terms acceptable to us. We also cannot give assurance that we will achieve sufficient revenues in the future to achieve profitability and cash flow positive operations. The outcome of these matters cannot be predicted at this time and there are no assurances that, if achieved, we will have sufficient funds to execute our business plan or to generate positive operating results. Our independent registered public accounting firm has indicated that these matters, among others, raise substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern.

I believe the above statement is what should have been read at the conference call as this depicts the true state of affairs at Cytori. Hedrik and the BOD use this small print which they assume nobody reads gives them impunity to say what ever they want. To make any promise and to continue to tell fairy tales and BS the shareholders about progress. I have to laugh in disgust and shake my head when jedrik says in his closing words they will continue to be as transparent as possible. I hope that the above does not legally absolve Cytori management from being held legally accountable for the BS they have provided to shareholders for years and continue to do so to this day. :puke:

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 10:56 #4501

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
rothco

Do we really need a auditors report to know that ?

Full disclosure in the press release, other than just the SEC filing, on how this new batch of warrants get priced would have been nice.
Then again....one gets used to such things.

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 14:52 #4505

• Yves
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi myownhedgefund - when Fas created the site back in December 2011, I registered but never posted preferring reading the post from the experts ! :-)

Hi Cytxer - as part of my long term investment I do not see the need/relevancy to track on a regular basis the share price. This is not a way to forget about it.

Hi rothco - the statement could apply to many biotechs. This statement does not bring anything we did not know.

Management has been restructuring and trying to turn the company around. I believe they have a shot at improving the cash situation, the science is still there and that they will find a way to monetize their technology/products/patents.

We can continue to look behind, cry and blame others. In my case I prefer looking forward and continuing in the journey.

Good luck to all.

Yves
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, fatboy, LTCytx

Q1 2015 Conference call May 11 12 May 2015 15:09 #4506

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77

the science is still there and that they will find a way to monetize their technology/products/patents.
We can continue to look behind, cry and blame others. In my case I prefer looking forward and continuing in the journey.

Yves,

Well said. Thank you for your positive contribution to the board.
:vegas:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites