Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF

CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF 22 Jun 2016 07:24 #7282

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I was just working on my news site a bit (all automatic stuff) when I noted an reported OA case - this is also what we could expect in my view.

At least this was quite upbeat...

Adipose-derived stromal vascular fraction (SVF) for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee, functional outcome and anatomic recovery of the cartilage: a case report
CellR4 2016; 4 (1): e1768

Topic: Regenerative Medicine Category: Case Report
Correa D, Gomez A, Vargas C, Turner E, Carstens M H
Abstract
Background: Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative debilitating disease characterized by progressive erosion of the articular cartilage. Current treatment approaches are reduced to control the associated symptoms, leaving the degenerative changes to progress until a joint replacement becomes mandatory. Therefore, disease-modifying therapeutic alternatives are warranted to improve the patient’s quality of life as well as to ameliorate the high economic impact this disease pose on the healthcare system.

Objective: We present a case study of a 42-year-old male with stage 3-4 (clinical) and grade 3 and 4 (radiological) OA, to support the evidence of a positive effect of intra-articularly injected Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC)-containing adipose-derived stromal vascular fraction (SVF) on both clinical and articular cartilage structural outcomes.

Materials and Methods: To obtain the SVF, the patient underwent liposuction and the lipoaspirate was enzymatically processed. The resulting SVF was locally injected into the knee joint. Resultant symptomatology was assessed using the KOOS (Knee Osteoarthritis Objective Score) and the structural response was documented using ultrasonography, both evaluated at various time-points.

Results: We observed the largest clinical improvement (~130% in the KOOS score) in the first 6 weeks, stabilized at 24 weeks, and persisted at 20 month. Notable, ultrasonographic changes included progressive widening of joint spaces, elimination of effusions and thickening of articular cartilage that started as early as 6 weeks and persisted throughout the evaluation period.

Conclusions: Cell-based therapy for advanced knee OA using MSC-containing adipose-derived SVF was subjectively and objectively positive for the patient. The KOOS and ultrasonographic measurements were simple and aligned with the patient's course response, providing additional evidence of a positive effect both clinically and structurally. In addition, the results here highlight the importance of consecutive measurements with an inexpensive approach to appreciate the biological process of such therapy for OA and to establish a response curve.

File Attachment:

File Name: CellR4-Correa-OAcase.pdf
File Size: 895 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF 22 Jun 2016 08:18 #7284

• fas
Just as a reminder-

Based on the communication and trial design, see main excerpts below- some folks should have knowledge of MRI scans since May 13th, which was the date when the last enrolled patient arrived at the 48 week point.

Do not know, how long the CRO´s need to accumulate the data, but logically - if Feb 8 is indicative, mid July should be a possibility of the data release.

Jun 15, 2015
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CYTX) announced today that enrollment has been completed in its US Phase IIb Osteoarthritis trial. The ACT-OA trial is a double-blind randomized, placebo-controlled trial evaluating the safety, feasibility and dosing of intraarticular administration of Cytori’s ECCO-50 cellular therapeutic in patients with knee osteoarthritis. A total of 94 patients were enrolled as of June 12, 2015.
“Based on faster than anticipated enrollment, we now expect to have six month follow up data for review in Q1 2016. We are very encouraged by the rate of recruitment, which was completed months ahead of the original plan,” said Marc Hedrick, CEO and President, Cytori Therapeutics. “Based on 24 week follow-up outcomes, we will provide an update on the data and the Phase 3 design, including the size of the trial, cost and end points."
Feb 08, 2016
Data suggest beneficial effect of ECCO-50 for knee osteoarthritis: full data set expected Q3 2016
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) announced today the top-line data as part of the pre-specified partial unblinding of 24 week follow up data from the company’s ACT-OA trial. The trial is a U.S. phase II randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial designed to evaluate the safety and feasibility at 48 weeks of a single intra-articular knee injection of the ECCO-50 cellular therapeutic in patients with chronic knee pain due to osteoarthritis.

Nov 27 was end of 24th week
Jan 1st was end of 29th week
May 13th was end of 48th week

The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF 22 Jun 2016 09:30 #7285

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
*** some folks should have knowledge of MRI scans since May 13th, which was the date when the last enrolled patient arrived at the 48 week point***

Hmmm, $510 ??? :evil:
Of course, our friend Leeza Rodriguez was never a fan of fat cells for cartilage growth either.
Our own OA 24 week peek stunk

Tea leaves say don't expect stellar results but boy do I hope I am wrong, :bang: :really:

CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF 22 Jun 2016 10:07 #7286

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: *** some folks should have knowledge of MRI scans since May 13th, which was the date when the last enrolled patient arrived at the 48 week point***

Hmmm, $510 ??? :evil:
Of course, our friend Leeza Rodriguez was never a fan of fat cells for cartilage growth either.
Our own OA 24 week peek stunk

Tea leaves say don't expect stellar results but boy do I hope I am wrong, :bang: :really:

I just meant that some people employed by the CRO must have seen the data- nothing exciting insider knowledge like :whistle:

What does this have to do with Leeza? As the wife of Ricardo she is pretty excited about the cosmetic virtues of ADRCs surely, but I do not know her opinion on other apps. You have a link?

CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF 22 Jun 2016 10:14 #7287

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Hedge lol, who in there right mind expects stellar from Cytori. Mediocre would be a step in the right direction. Really have to wonder what the hell Dov and others were thinking when they bought in to this BS ,and pumped to so many. That question continues to haunt me, otherwise, this is one expensive right off. Cost me money and credibility. :puke: It is what it is. Hope to extract my pond of flesh when the opportunity presents itself. Payback is a bitch.

CellR4 Published Single OA case with SVF 22 Jun 2016 10:33 #7288

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
***I just meant that some people employed by the CRO must have seen the data- nothing exciting insider knowledge like***
Agree, just a little devils advocate if you will...note the icon, LOL
Still the stated low amount disturbs me.

As far as Leeze...just some old comments made by her some time ago.

rothco....I took the OA option out of my personal revenue potential some time ago until further clarification can be obtained. DOV chooses to include it and that is his right as a personal opinion. That is how I view it. Everyone needs to draw their own opinions and conclusions of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOV

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites