Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Glance at RELIEF

A Glance at RELIEF 18 Oct 2018 07:16 #12302

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
While waiting for the Cytori future to unfold, this is one of the clinics that could have a long-term impact on the financial health of CYTX, assuming they effectively can manouver to financial stability sometime in 2020. when most likely 2 or 3 products are launched on the market.

As indicated by Hedrick in the August call- location sites were being screened - the new Celution version ready for action and the protocol approved by BARDA. Since September 10 the study therefore is marked as "recruiting" by clinicaltrials.gov.

Link to study: HERE

A few things one can read are interesting- besides Cytori being the sponsor of the study, they also provide the Principal Investigator- in this case Marc Hedrick himself, which I believe is quite unusual, since normally a leading expert in the discipline is recruited for that. However Hedrick- if I re-call right, is a MD in dermatology and a former plastic- and cosmetic surgeon from UCLA. So- he should be in full control, which I believe was not the case with OA and STAR. Anyway- good to see, that Min Zhu is listed as contact person in the study- she is very capable and presumed discoverer of ADRC´s in 2001 and I thought she was one of the victims of the September 2017 re-organisation.

Anyway- although up to 10 burn centers were planned to be recruiting- only 2 are presently listed. What is most unusual to me- that a link to the detailed study protocol was provided, which provides interesting reading for the happy few- I went through it and was impressed. See attachment-

File Attachment:

File Name: RELIEF-protocol.pdf
File Size: 1,675 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A Glance at RELIEF 18 Oct 2018 09:08 #12303

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

fas wrote: While waiting for the Cytori future to unfold, this is one of the clinics that could have a long-term impact on the financial health of CYTX, assuming they effectively can manouver to financial stability sometime in 2020. when most likely 2 or 3 products are launched on the market.

As indicated by Hedrick in the August call- location sites were being screened - the new Celution version ready for action and the protocol approved by BARDA. Since September 10 the study therefore is marked as "recruiting" by clinicaltrials.gov.

Link to study: HERE

A few things one can read are interesting- besides Cytori being the sponsor of the study, they also provide the Principal Investigator- in this case Marc Hedrick himself, which I believe is quite unusual, since normally a leading expert in the discipline is recruited for that. However Hedrick- if I re-call right, is a MD in dermatology and a former plastic- and cosmetic surgeon from UCLA. So- he should be in full control, which I believe was not the case with OA and STAR. Anyway- good to see, that Min Zhu is listed as contact person in the study- she is very capable and presumed discoverer of ADRC´s in 2001 and I thought she was one of the victims of the September 2017 re-organisation.

Anyway- although up to 10 burn centers were planned to be recruiting- only 2 are presently listed. What is most unusual to me- that a link to the detailed study protocol was provided, which provides interesting reading for the happy few- I went through it and was impressed. See attachment-

File Attachment:

File Name: RELIEF-protocol.pdf
File Size: 1,675 KB

/

Fas, I wonder if it has ever happened before where the Sponsor of a Study has its CEO as the Principal Investigator - can't make this stuff up! :puke: :bash:

A Glance at RELIEF 18 Oct 2018 11:35 #12304

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, I wonder if it has ever happened before where the Sponsor of a Study has its CEO as the Principal Investigator - can't make this stuff up! :puke: :bash:

I do not know- than again of the hundred thousands of studies conducted in the past 50 years, I know very few. I do like it- saves money and gives Hedrick full control over the study. On top of that- of course - the ultimate sponsor is BARDA and they have to approve every fart escaped from the gastro-intestinal tract of the study. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A Glance at RELIEF 18 Oct 2018 14:08 #12305

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

fas wrote:

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, I wonder if it has ever happened before where the Sponsor of a Study has its CEO as the Principal Investigator - can't make this stuff up! :puke: :bash:

I do not know- than again of the hundred thousands of studies conducted in the past 50 years, I know very few. I do like it- saves money and gives Hedrick full control over the study. On top of that- of course - the ultimate sponsor is BARDA and they have to approve every fart escaped from the gastro-intestinal tract of the study. :grin:

While they may have saved some money, it would seem that independence credibility was compromised, although BARDA involvement may be the mitigating factor.

A Glance at RELIEF 19 Oct 2018 10:50 #12306

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Have to admit, seems very detailed but a lot of it’s beyond my limited medical understanding.
My question would be, how long will a study like this typically take to finish?
Thanks Fas

A Glance at RELIEF 20 Oct 2018 05:59 #12307

• fas

b767cpt wrote: Have to admit, seems very detailed but a lot of it’s beyond my limited medical understanding.
My question would be, how long will a study like this typically take to finish?
Thanks Fas

B7- the study details plan complete enrolment end July 19. That means 12 months follow-up for the last patient lasts until July end 2020, plus say 4 months accumulating the study results. That all sounds reasonable, so what one can expect. This is than the device pilot study for safety and efficacy. Before a pivotal study has been done- based on the pilot study- a(partial?) roll-out of Celutions across the country is already very well possible
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites