Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Koh & Co and clinical evidence of OA feasibility

Koh & Co and clinical evidence of OA feasibility 25 Nov 2015 12:42 #5530

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I agree with everybody who has stated recently that the OA results are critical to the future of Cytori whilst considering the present share count.

Success could mean- we are done with issuing shares and find a partner who pays an adequate upfront, which will get us to a situation that "more suitors" will follow. Failure would leave us where we are- more shares at the current "garbage PPS" and waiting till scleroderma can be marketed. :whistle:

Anyway- the chances that OA will be successful are pretty good.. here is some evidence that this is the case...

First- this is what Cytori say themselves, what the evidence is-

Number 6, 7 and 8 on the list relates to work from Korean scientists, which are absolutely UNRELATED to Cytori- thats the only in vivo work they present, so it is interesting to read what other think of their work. :write:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Koh & Co and clinical evidence of OA feasibility 25 Nov 2015 13:03 #5531

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
These Korean scientists- which are referred to on the Cytori slide as- Koh et al- :grin: are quoted in a summary paper on OA by some Thai scientist who reviewed the scene in OA quite intensively. :yep:

Their work culminated in a paper published in "Stem Cells International" , which was called Current perspectives on Osteoarthritis-

File Attachment:

File Name: 2014-PerspectivesOnOA.pdf
File Size: 1,018 KB

The caption relevant to the "Koh et al" work referred to in the first post was as follows:

11. Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Treatment
Although the main focus has been on the use of BMSCs, some researchers have chosen to use AMSCs as an alternative cell line. In 2012 and 2013, Koh et al. published two papers on the same study which revolved around the use of AMSCs for the treatment of osteoarthritis [79, 80]. This study recruited 18 patients who received an injection of AMSCs to the knee.
The adipose tissue was harvested from the inner side of the infrapatellar fat pad via a skin incision after arthroscopic debridement. Interestingly, they did not culture the cells but directly isolated them from the fat tissue by centrifuging the tissue sample. Since this was a quick process, they were able to inject the cells back into the patients on the same day as they were harvested. Their data showed a significant reduction of pain and an increased quality of life for all patients and a positive correlation was found between the numbers of cells injected and pain improvements. Furthermore, MRI images taken before and after treatment confirmed that the whole organ MRI score had increased significantly and the improvement was also correlated with the numbers of cells injected. They concluded that AMSCs were a valid cell source for treating cartilage damage. Their method is also simple and cost-effective with cells being harvested and reinjected into the patient on the same day resulting in reduced costs from cell expansion and from the fact that no hospitalisation is required.The weakness of this study is the same as in the “onestep” technique where the cells were not confirmed as MSCs.
Therefore, the cell population might consist of more cell types such as adipocytes. The fact that they observed greater improvements in patients who received higher numbers of cells in their injections is consistent with the antecedent studies. As OA most commonly occurs in elderly people it is important to investigate the effects of treatment in that group.
In 2013, Koh et al. reported their results on treating 30 elderly OA patients (≥65 years old) who had failed conventional treatment, using intra-articular injections of AMSCs . Patients underwent arthroscopic lavage and cartilage evaluation before receiving an injection of unexpanded AMSCs delivered in platelet-rich plasma (PRP). They demonstrated that AMSC therapy for elderly patients with mild to moderate OA was an effective treatment resulting in reduction of pain and regeneration of cartilage. Facing the same shortcomings as previous studies, the cells were not confirmed as MSCs before injections; therefore the cells injected might not all have been MSCs. Additionally, no quantitative assessment of cartilage regeneration was performed and no control group was enrolled in the study. However, they confirmed leftover cells from treatment as MSCs using immunophenotyping and investigating their differentiation potentials.

You have to read this with some care- scientists are dogmatic and interpret things solely relevant to what is "customary" and the "Rules book".
Those things tell them, you have to culture and differentiate- alternative things are viewed from an awkward angle for that reason. :whistle:

Anyway- sounds good to me- they tried and came up with an interpretation that a neutral person can live with :grin:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites