• Page:

TOPIC: Oxford loan

Oxford loan 16 Aug 2017 02:54 #9839

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Does anyone remember what DOV mentioned the minimum level we had to have the outstanding balance be below before we could consider getting a restructure from Oxford again ?

Given the STAR failure, I mean successful phase 2 LOL, I wonder if Oxford would even consider it at all at this point.

Switching back to interest only would save 600K/month

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oxford loan 16 Aug 2017 05:07 #9841

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
If Oxford has first rights over the Cytori assets and patents then the question for them becomes do these have any value? If yes and substantial, then why not rollover the loan if they can continue to charge high interest rates (assuming Cytori can raise additional funds to pay them). Forcing them into bankruptcy is always an option but this is not likely to happen. Management will make a deal that caters to themselves.

My question is with such high tax loss carryforward position could this not make CYTX an attractive takeover candidate assuming it can be profitable someday? Any ideas?

Oxford loan 16 Aug 2017 06:01 #9842

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

rongside wrote: If Oxford has first rights over the Cytori assets and patents then the question for them becomes do these have any value? If yes and substantial, then why not rollover the loan if they can continue to charge high interest rates (assuming Cytori can raise additional funds to pay them). Forcing them into bankruptcy is always an option but this is not likely to happen. Management will make a deal that caters to themselves.

My question is with such high tax loss carryforward position could this not make CYTX an attractive takeover candidate assuming it can be profitable someday? Any ideas?

I do re-call Cytori managed to get the patents out of the collateral for the loan. Some shareholders were very insistent on that.
This new shareholder rights financing came for me as lightning out-of-hell and I will need another week to absorb it in between renovation work.

Your point on the NOL (tax loss carry forward) is very valid and should represent a value of 10-15 times the present market cap under the right conditions and even as a shell represent significant value.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Oxford loan 16 Aug 2017 08:49 #9843

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Agree with Fas, patents came out of the loan collateral.

Back to my original question, DOV made a specific comment on this I believe earlier this year. I believe it was somewhere around 12-14 million. AFTER, this raise, they may be seeking a change here or may not but when you are counting your cash on a near weekly basis it is something to consider.
Of course the best thing for them is to be finally rid of the most expensive loan known to mankind.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites