• Page:

TOPIC: What’s going on?

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 08:37 #13145

• b767cpt
  • b767cpt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Pps up to $9.90 and volume through the roof!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 08:52 #13146

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

b767cpt wrote: Pps up to $9.90 and volume through the roof!

/

Could simply be a huge sigh of relief that the CFO departure and late filing had nothing to do with numbers credibility and implications thereof - however, volume size makes no sense to me and suggests ????.

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 08:55 #13147

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I think there is more to it than that Rod, can’t find anything in the news but it’s acting like they got an FDA approval or something. Huge flipping going on, volume almost ten times the shares outstanding.

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 09:01 #13148

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Could be something or nothing.
We know they need money and we have seen these high vol. high price moves in the past just to see them fade.
Only worthwhile news would be a outright sale of the company.
Besides $9.90 is still sub $0.20 pre R/S

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 09:05 #13149

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

b767cpt wrote: I think there is more to it than that Rod, can’t find anything in the news but it’s acting like they got an FDA approval or something. Huge flipping going on, volume almost ten times the shares outstanding.

/

Now over $12 with absurd volume - yes, obviously more going on ????

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 09:18 #13150

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Now up over $14 on 6 mil volume!

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 09:57 #13151

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

b767cpt wrote: Now up over $14 on 6 mil volume!

/

B-7, volume reflects just too much churning which leads me to believe that there must be something irregular going on and I would not be surprised to see the stock close below $10 - could be wrong!

PS - I was wrong - closed over $14 - volume makes no sense at all given O/S?????

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 10:00 #13152

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Tells you how crazy this stock market behaves.

Anyway- if there is any substance in this rally, it ONLY can be that they found a European taker for that ATI-0918 or whatever business. And that there is a leak of course.

To me PSTV has no access to the financial markets period for the future, based on prior performance, so cash can only come from a sale of that stuff for continued operations. A P2 and P3 for the other compound will take time and what´s more- money.

By the way- I did read the Riley ATM has been exhausted and the only other available money source is Lincoln capital, however at much higher share prices- equivalent of 25 cents and higher pre-split if I recall right.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 10:05 #13153

• fas
Come to think of that- that would be 12,50$- so Lincoln might be cooling this off. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 10:06 #13154

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
in my opinion this has NOTHING to do with the company. Not sure why but some obscure newsletter or some misunderstanding. WIll probably give up ALL gains by tomorrow. Tried to short this rally but no shares are available.

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 11:29 #13155

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting that with 10.9 million shares currently traded as of 12:28, there have been only 8 blocks over 10,000 shares with the highest of 25,911 at $11 near 10:00 am -- with current share volume at 10.9 million, the multiple of volume over "knowable" o/s shares seems to be 25+ times - that kind of churning is incredible, makes no sense, and suggests something untoward.

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 15:04 #13156

• fas
I do not know whats going on, but did sell some warrants at an excellent margin- first time in about 10 years I made some money on CYTX/PSTV - ignorance of the buying side I presume.
Anyway- I turned on Yahoo- for a change- and yes- there it was -PlusTherapeutics in the news!!!!!! In my astonishment I hit the wrong button, but at least got an image of the preceding broadcast where the uplift was still visible- there you go- history!!!!!

Attachments:

What’s going on? 16 Aug 2019 15:30 #13157

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote: I do not know whats going on, but did sell some warrants at an excellent margin- first time in about 10 years I made some money on CYTX/PSTV - ignorance of the buying side I presume.
Anyway- I turned on Yahoo- for a change- and yes- there it was -PlusTherapeutics in the news!!!!!! In my astonishment I hit the wrong button, but at least got an image of the preceding broadcast where the uplift was still visible- there you go- history!!!!!

/

Fas, do you have any plausible explanation for the volume being 40 times the o/s shares?????

What’s going on? 17 Aug 2019 05:15 #13158

• fas
No - not at all do I have a plausible explanation, well, maybe just one plausible reason now, why Lincoln Park closed the financing deal in the fall of last year and insisted in getting about 10% of the agreed volume within a week of closing the deal. That never made sense to me. Maybe up to now though, since surely they (CYTX management) had to let their pants down and had to present their plan for the future, which would have included all the divestitures and their strategy AFTER those divestitures. Of course- they had to sign Non-disclosure papers and really the total amount of shares they are eligible to sell, was quite minimal. Only 3.7 Mio shares if I recall right, which divided by 50 for the split is very little and only meaningful if the stock price goes way up.

So, maybe it will and there is something cooking and has leaked out someway or another i.e. that cooking can only be the sale of the European generic candidate for decent money (they always claimed it could fetch 120 Mio annually, which surely nobody believed).

Anyway- my guesses on the churning of so many shares should include-

1. high trader ownership of PSTV/CYTX in the past few years.
2. some folks did naked shorting and had to cover their behinds (which may continue the next few days).
3. maybe informed institutions (who might only buy tickers over 5 or 10$) created more liquidity issues.

those could have been factors involved in my mind.

What’s going on? 17 Aug 2019 11:02 #13159

• fas
Just an update on the prior post- I did re-visit the 10Q to look for clues, but did not find any. The Lincoln deal as described there, seems to be based on pre- surge conditions painted a situation, which I think is incorrect when looking at the present and therefore is somewhat misleading. And no reference is made to the sale of equity at 15 cents pre-split reported on August 2, which triggered the reduction in preferred C stock, which also benefited Hedrick himself of course, since he participated with 35 units.

What’s going on? 17 Aug 2019 15:32 #13160

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I would be interested in HF's thoughts on the inexplicable volume question - I have to believe NASDAQ is looking into it - makes no sense.

What’s going on? 18 Aug 2019 10:11 #13161

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
The idea in Fas' screen shot that Friday was the result of Q2 improvements is so laughable, especially considering the number of times "going concern" is in the 10Q.
Clearly PSTV lit up trading screens and the 4-500K shares now outstanding turned over at least 8 times and now likely seems part of the plan that included the 1:50 reverse split to get such a move. Nothing has changed with the company imho. They have nothing and they need money !!!!!
Congrats Fas on making some $ on selling his converts.
As of Friday I now have no position in CYTX/PSTV. McDonalds here I come ...LOL

What’s going on? 18 Aug 2019 11:38 #13162

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: The idea in Fas' screen shot that Friday was the result of Q2 improvements is so laughable, especially considering the number of times "going concern" is in the 10Q.
Clearly PSTV lit up trading screens and the 4-500K shares now outstanding turned over at least 8 times and now likely seems part of the plan that included the 1:50 reverse split to get such a move. Nothing has changed with the company imho. They have nothing and they need money !!!!!
Congrats Fas on making some $ on selling his converts.
As of Friday I now have no position in CYTX/PSTV. McDonalds here I come ...LOL

/

You indicated turnover of 8 times - it was closer to 35 or 40 times - makes no sense - how can that happen legitimately???

What’s going on? 18 Aug 2019 11:49 #13163

• fas
I do not disagree with your assessment at all Hedge. The sad thing is, that such is possible in a civilized country, where only few look at fundamentals and heaps of folks try their luck against highly efficient investment banking flash traders, where they have less than 5% chance of gaining. At least I had it coming to me in 15 years and of course, saw the writing on the wall. Those guys betting in the dark, probably still do not know what is coming to them.

By the way- if you knew what is in McDonald´s food you would spent your PSTV "fortune" in a more sensible manner. LOL

What’s going on? 18 Aug 2019 12:40 #13164

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Your right RS....guess I'm still blinded by my freedom for simple math...LOL
Fas
Yeah these machines can be in and out in less than a second with the right volume and the retail momo crowd tries to play along with I would guess are mixed results at best over time. Still it can be done and if it happens to a stock you are already long its great fun to watch. Imagine if cardiology went a different way. We would be loving those guys let alone the real investors wanting in.
Went back to fix the typos and then thought the McDonalds comment might draw a response from you. Although pricing may be a bit higher in the EU... I think you can grasp the implication. I promise I will ask Mrs. Hedge to bring home some Sweetgreen next week. Healthy and I find, damn good tasting.
www.sweetgreen.com/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites