TOPIC: CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 02 Oct 2015 07:45 #5272

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Is this good or bad?

In my personal opinion, the recent insiders buying may have to do with this group of new investors. In the past it was Sabby's investment helping to push the PPS up. Now, it could be CVI's turn. I also think for potential sellers of the stock, it could be a mistake to unload at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 02 Oct 2015 08:58 #5273

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Not as impressed but always nice to see who owns what.
Another Bahamas based outfit
Uknown if we get another mysterous pop in the PPS in the near future.

www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1095981/000110465915068775/a15-20549_1sc13g.htm

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 02 Oct 2015 09:42 #5274

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
CVI is linked with Heights Capital Management which is linked with Susquehanna International Group which is already our largest shareholder.
These guys specialize in Pipe financing or distress financing.............. been there done that. Not sure if there is any relationship with Saby.

Probably (?) they have exercised the warrants and doubled the number of shares they held/hold.

"
The Shares reported as beneficially owned herein are issuable upon the exercise of a warrant to purchase Shares. The Company’s Prospectus Supplement (to Prospectus dated May 22, 2014, Registration No. 333-195846), filed on August 27, 2015 indicates there were 165,958,145 Shares outstanding as of the completion of the offering of the Shares referred to therein."

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 02 Oct 2015 10:26 #5275

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
I saw that too rongside.
"issuable" language vs "issued" lends to some confusion.
However, second close had warrants priced at $0.40 I believe and on Sept 10 we had big volume (10 million+ shares) and a intra day PPS peak of $0.53...so a exercise within the quarter was possible.

I guess we hear for sure in November call

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 02 Oct 2015 11:55 #5276

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I cannot recognize any difference of to days filing (except for the shares outstanding quoted in the filing) to the one from May 14th.

Just the abbreviation of the Company owning the shares directly was somewhat different- so- at least the August partial Mizuho additional secondary did not involve that Company. See attachment

Just for the connoisseurs- Sabby still has the right for their share of the 50% of the October financing to participate in any additional secondary until May 2016. Meaning we need a partner by than or after that date money will be raised. :whistle:

File Attachment:

File Name: 13D-CapVentures-.pdf
File Size: 53 KB
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 12 Feb 2016 09:12 #6326

• fas

fas wrote: I cannot recognize any difference of to days filing (except for the shares outstanding quoted in the filing) to the one from May 14th.

Just the abbreviation of the Company owning the shares directly was somewhat different- so- at least the August partial Mizuho additional secondary did not involve that Company. See attachment

Just for the connoisseurs- Sabby still has the right for their share of the 50% of the October financing to participate in any additional secondary until May 2016. Meaning we need a partner by than or after that date money will be raised. :whistle:

File Attachment:

File Name: 13D-CapVentures-.pdf
File Size: 53 KB

Today´s filing indicates, they sold all of their 12 Mio shares....much quicker than Sabby who still has more than 5%...
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 12 Feb 2016 11:30 #6328

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, This is a surprise. Tiago Girao told me many times that they are trying to get more institutional investors aboard. Looks like there are more departures than arrivals.

Personally, I think the OA data is not good. I do not think it is very hard to find a partner for OA alone, while potential scleroderma is still far off.

I think r/s is unavoidable, but at what ratio and it would depend on the stock price at the time of the r/d (May or so). I think it is very hard to rise over $ 1. Even if it is $ 1, r/s is going to happen. For a small company as it is now, 200K million shares outstanding is much too much. I agree with DOV that a 10 for 1 would be happen (not 5 for 1 as I have originally thought). Of course CYTXer has other opinions.

Without a r/s, CYTX will not be able to do ATM, which could be a major source of revenue to sustain the operation.

I think many people may sell whenever there is a spike in PPS. Things may be different after the r/s, but it may still have to go through a consolidation phase.

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 12 Feb 2016 11:56 #6329

• fas

franshei wrote: Fas, This is a surprise. Tiago Girao told me many times that they are trying to get more institutional investors aboard. Looks like there are more departures than arrivals.

Yes- I peeked at the insti holdings on the nasdaq site and we are now at about 7+% of institutional holdings of 195 Mio - unbelievable- who has those shares????

Monday is due date for all forms 13 , so we can make up our plus and minuses, which will be heavily minus dominated. Presume sabby is sold out (besides the off-shore holdings) but you never know.

My personal believe is that OA is very partnerable and probably will be partnered as soon as the ortho community sees that something is done against the "wild wild west" of SC clinics. Basically its very unfair competition for a doctor using a non-regulated Korean device and the regular clinic using an high cost FDA approved product- makes no economic sense and a solution is needed before hand, otherwise nothing will surely go :whistle:

On CVI- they must have gotten a whole lot of shares also from the 35 Mio warrant conversion- so, we should be glad that they are gone, like Susquehanna already left at the end of Q3.

My personal perspective would be that Cytori will move on excellent Q4 results and hopefully a very very upbeat forecast from Tiago/Hedrick on revenue. If he spits out- 2018 profitable- some ramp up or stair-step improvement MUST be seen already now. That is the language of Wallstreet- so any news after that might help us avoid a R/S- a partner deal obviously the most- and my view is, that it can come from anywhere, but Japan is highly favored in my internal betshop. :grin:

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 12 Feb 2016 12:14 #6330

• fas

fas wrote:
My personal believe is that OA is very partnerable and probably will be partnered as soon as the ortho community sees that something is done against the "wild wild west" of SC clinics. Basically its very unfair competition for a doctor using a non-regulated Korean device and the regular clinic using an high cost FDA approved product- makes no economic sense and a solution is needed before hand, otherwise nothing will surely go :whistle:

From a timing perspective it all might just work out. :whistle:

The FDA public hearings on the new regulation (including the interpretation of the use of SVF) will be in April- assuming that works favorably for Cytori- i.e. stays the way it is recommended at present- than an OA deal still would also still be possible before timing becomes critical i.e. end May- June.

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 12 Feb 2016 13:36 #6332

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, we all assume the March earning report is good and we have also assumed the first Q report of the OA data should be good.

But, the OA data is not what most people have been assuming. Thus, assumption of a good 4th Q report should be more than caref

Looks like share dumping is still ongoing - another 500,000 shares at 13.30 at the close.

CVI Investment owns 7 percent of CYTX 12 Feb 2016 14:37 #6334

• dis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
the numbers will be soon out and they will be bad....i'm 99% sure..
I expect that will be negative on cash, revenue and gross margin (also NO LV buys) but might have a skewed bottom line to profit because they gave all the shares away which wiped out the warrant liability...
It’s irrelevant from a real business point of view, but some people will look at that and say – wow these guys are profitable even though it’s an accounting anomaly and nothing to do with the business fundamentally...

the shares are under pressure it seems and they will need to raise money, and do a reverse – both of which will be negative for the value of the company (and shares)
sorry,nothing good will happen those next months (only a deal with some upfront cash will help Cytori but i won't bet my money on it looking at the past of Cytori)

sell or stay aside is the best option now...buying would be a very bad idea right now...wait till numbers are out and BANG back to reality ... :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites