Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Natural health information i.e. nothing related to popping pills , but genuine stuff without deadly side effects
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Corona Virus spread

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 03:43 #13436

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
The efforts to contain the spread of the virus are pretty substantial- I found a site which is impressive to follow its containment (or not)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 08:47 #13437

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 205
Nice site, thanks.

So far, outside of China has been limited. New countries with cases are still popping though.
We will see what todays update brings.
Quarantines also hopefully help limit further mutation of the virus.

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 09:17 #13438

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Can someone put into context the obsession with the Chinese Coronavirus which to date has killed relatively few Chinese people versus the annual flu virus in the US that kills tens of thousands of people every single year??

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 09:51 #13439

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
While there is currently no vaccine against coronavirus there is also no treatment.
I even saw one report, unverifiable of course, that they were even trying HIV treatments against the virus.
Another big scare is this current virus passes much more easily in human to human transmission than past strains.
Lastly is the unknown of the true death rate....reports out of China say its being underreported. Lets say the death rate is its current reported 2%. The 2018 Flu season in the USA saw less than 1/4 of 1%...so this is many more times deadly even though the overall number seems small to you. Lets also not forget how many people traveled before they started to give alerts and quarantines.

In terms of the stock market they are also looking at the economic impact not only the health cost but from closed businesses, factories and general economic activity of millions of locked up citizens. At some point, this too shall pass, but the markets hate unknowns.

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 10:07 #13440

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: While there is currently no vaccine against coronavirus there is also no treatment.
I even saw one report, unverifiable of course, that they were even trying HIV treatments against the virus.
Another big scare is this current virus passes much more easily in human to human transmission than past strains.
Lastly is the unknown of the true death rate....reports out of China say its being underreported. Lets say the death rate is its current reported 2%. The 2018 Flu season in the USA saw less than 1/4 of 1%...so this is many more times deadly even though the overall number seems small to you. Lets also not forget how many people traveled before they started to give alerts and quarantines.

In terms of the stock market they are also looking at the economic impact not only the health cost but from closed businesses, factories and general economic activity of millions of locked up citizens. At some point, this too shall pass, but the markets hate unknowns.

/

HF - where are you getting "the current reported 2%" - less than 500 deaths have been reported???

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 10:58 #13441

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
There have been many sources along with some fluctuations as the disease has progressed but use the link Fas provided and do the math.

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 12:11 #13442

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: There have been many sources along with some fluctuations as the disease has progressed but use the link Fas provided and do the math.

There's probably actual cases of at least 10-20 times the confirmed amount of less than 10,000 - otherwise, there would not be the media frenzy over this.

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 12:33 #13443

• fas

There's probably actual cases of at least 10-20 times the confirmed amount of less than 10,000 - otherwise, there would not be the media frenzy over this

Maybe you are right- maybe you are wrong, who knows, but fact is Roche has problems getting test kits out there, because of the isolation measures. So there might be simply not sufficient equipment to test for positives and there might be a big number of unidentified victims, who simply stayed put and dont move. The media frenzy and the fear is - as Hedge rightly stated- THE UNKNOWN.

The best defense for old and young and anybody in between is a well-functioning immune system and the avoidance of chronic inflammation of any kind.
In our society that tends apply to an ever decreasing percentage of the general population.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The Corona Virus spread 31 Jan 2020 19:03 #13444

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, totally agree on the avoidance of chronic inflammation and a good immune system - with the steps that you have successfully taken to improve your health, have you totally eliminated all alcohol including wine - just curious, because I enjoy my evening wine.

The Corona Virus spread 01 Feb 2020 09:02 #13445

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Certainly a healthy lifestyle and strong immune system is favorable but no magic pass. A few years back, at least here in the USA, these were exactly the ones experiencing fatalities for Flu ( I believe it was H1N1) It was the strong, immune response from the younger healthier folks causing very high fevers of 109F +/- causing the deaths.

In other news Apple closing everything in mainland China until Feb. 9th,
>>> (Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. will close its corporate offices, stores and contact centers in mainland China through February 9, a move the company says comes out of an “abundance of caution and based on the latest advice from leading health experts.”<<<

The Corona Virus spread 01 Feb 2020 09:03 #13446

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, totally agree on the avoidance of chronic inflammation and a good immune system - with the steps that you have successfully taken to improve your health, have you totally eliminated all alcohol including wine - just curious, because I enjoy my evening wine.

Oh no- I have NOT given up on my red wine at all and have happily "fitted" the consumption of low alcohol (11.5/12%) low rest sugar (below 3/4 grams per liter) and "non-industrial" red wine in my lifestyle. Sometimes I admit, especially when I get excited by"good things" happening to me, even drink too much of it- too much I define by >1 -1,2 liter. Pretty heavy by most people´s standards, I know.
I do believe in the French paradox, that the flavonoids tend to do good and my liver is totally un-effected by my consumption- GGT under 25 U/L for the past 4 years and ASAT/ALAT even much lower. I had triple higher values only 8-10 years ago with much lower wine consumption.
I am fine with it- but that does not mean the same would apply to anybody- we are all different to some extent.

The Corona Virus spread 01 Feb 2020 10:17 #13447

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Speaking of flavonoids...this company uses them in their drug. Just read it the other day. Scroll down to the pics for some interesting visual results.

www.vasculera.com/hcp.html

The Corona Virus spread 01 Feb 2020 10:52 #13448

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, glad to hear that you enjoy your red wine - my thought has always been that it cannot be too bad for you if it has been a staple in the diets of many countries such as Italy for so many years w/o any apparent side effects - of course, reasonable moderation is a given.

Also, with respect to inflammation, have you ever used Turmeric?

The Corona Virus spread 02 Feb 2020 04:46 #13453

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, glad to hear that you enjoy your red wine - my thought has always been that it cannot be too bad for you if it has been a staple in the diets of many countries such as Italy for so many years w/o any apparent side effects - of course, reasonable moderation is a given.

Yes- I would almost say of course, since turmeric of curcuma, as we call it here, has been highly researched and is one of the mainstays of Ayurveda. Anyway- about 5 years ago, our annual Trike event was abandoned due to bad weather and my 5 buddies (who all live in different parts of Germany) "forced" me to invite them to my home, since mine was the closest to our annual event. In the ensuing conversations on my covered terrace, I was asked to name my top 3 of natural substances which I believe promote my health. I named Vitamins D3 and K2 as one and two and curcuma as number three. Two of my buddies are still taken it almost daily. For one it solved gastro issues, which he had for quite some time. The other takes it simply, since it seems to keep him fit. At present there is liposomal curcuma in our fridge, which my wife takes. I take it just off and on prophylactically- personally I think it may protect against cognitive decline and ALS.

The Corona Virus spread 02 Feb 2020 05:25 #13456

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote:

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, glad to hear that you enjoy your red wine - my thought has always been that it cannot be too bad for you if it has been a staple in the diets of many countries such as Italy for so many years w/o any apparent side effects - of course, reasonable moderation is a given.

Yes- I would almost say of course, since turmeric of curcuma, as we call it here, has been highly researched and is one of the mainstays of Ayurveda. Anyway- about 5 years ago, our annual Trike event was abandoned due to bad weather and my 5 buddies (who all live in different parts of Germany) "forced" me to invite them to my home, since mine was the closest to our annual event. In the ensuing conversations on my covered terrace, I was asked to name my top 3 of natural substances which I believe promote my health. I named Vitamins D3 and K2 as one and two and curcuma as number three. Two of my buddies are still taken it almost daily. For one it solved gastro issues, which he had for quite some time. The other takes it simply, since it seems to keep him fit. At present there is liposomal curcuma in our fridge, which my wife takes. I take it just off and on prophylactically- personally I think it may protect against cognitive decline and ALS.[/quote

Thanks Fas.

The Corona Virus spread 02 Feb 2020 08:02 #13457

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

The Corona Virus spread 02 Feb 2020 10:00 #13458

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Possible treatment breakthrough ?
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-02/thailand-sees-good-result-from-using-drug-mixture-on-coronavirus?utm_medium=social&utm_content=business&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter

Yes- that is in the "breaking news" here too. Hurrah for BP - de roebel rolt weer (dutch for - lets start making dollars again) and the stock market will probably honour that. :vegas:

The Corona Virus spread 04 Feb 2020 04:09 #13459

• fas
Mercola had an interesting lead article today on the virus, of which the headlines were:

As of February 2, 2020, mainland China reported 17,187 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia (NCIP), including 362 deaths. The first case was reported in December 2019. Since then, cases have also been reported in at least 23 other countries, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, France and Africa
Clinical manifestations of NCIP are consistent with viral pneumonia
The hysteria being drummed up follows a well-worn pattern where the population is kept in a state of fear about microbes so that drug companies can come to the rescue with yet another expensive (and potentially mandatory) drug or vaccine
In January 2018, China’s first biosecurity level 4 lab designed for the study of the world’s most dangerous pathogens opened its doors in Wuhan City, the epicenter of the current NCIP outbreak
October 18, 2019, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation sponsored a pandemic preparedness exercise in New York, practicing for the emergence of a new fictional viral illness dubbed “coronavirus acute pulmonary syndrome”

At the minimum- food for thought- full article here- articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/02/04/novel-coronavirus.aspx

The Corona Virus spread 04 Feb 2020 22:11 #13460

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Lets also not forget, Mercola is a salesman as well.

The Corona Virus spread 05 Feb 2020 10:27 #13461

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Lets also not forget, Mercola is a salesman as well.

Oh yeah - he is a salesman, although he claims that the net profits of his empire is used to support non-profit organisations like the Vitamin D council and many others. One does not know what it takes to support the empire, including Joseph himself, of course. Anyway- about 3 years ago I wanted to buy some stuff at mercola.com, which I could not find elsewhere. The Chicago staff, wanted sensitive credit card information, which I - of course- politely refused. So- until now- I never purchased anything of his his -claimed- high quality, but also very high priced supplements.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2019-2020 raccoon-lodge.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.