Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Type 2 DM

Type 2 DM 29 Apr 2013 09:25 #415

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
OK maybe this is really OT ...non stem cell discovery by Harvard's stem cell institute...but posting for those interested and also to show that without partners to develope other markets science may some day make those markets disappear. Go Calhoun !!! Short read.

www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/6512/20130429/newly-discovered-hormone-become-wonder-drug-against-diabetes.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Type 2 DM 29 Apr 2013 10:46 #416

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hedge, saw this before and agree that it is very interesting. As for markets disappearing you're not wrong........ it is confirmation that time, science and competition waits for no one!

It will still take some time to get into the human clinical trials stage but they have already enlisted big guns on their side (JNJ, Evotec). Time for CYTX to do so also.

There are a huge number of indications out there and it is time that we partnered out some of them .......... perhaps we could enlist some of the insulin manufacturing BP companies out there who must be worried about the Harvard findings.

Also, lets not forget that the Celution generated SVF may work synergistically with the hormone through a different MOA. They may well be used in conjunction, and lets not forget with our low cost of goods sold this is very feasible.

Type 2 DM 29 Apr 2013 11:26 #417

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing your thoughts rongside

I agree this will take years to market even with a fast track indication but if it does work and get approval I dont see them partnering with Cytori to use in conjunction anytime soon after approval....I see something like that as a patent extender. It works well and they capture as much of the market as they can and keep all the profits themselves and then only after many years do they say...hey we have a even better product now and bring in a combination style therapy.
This is basically what we have seen with Astellas I believe. (alas no partnership to date)
Also with ROBUST...a long standing procedure in need of help.

Type 2 DM 30 Apr 2013 08:54 #418

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
As a commenter on the article also indicated- another (possibly effective and promising) treatment, but not a cure.

With other words - a "biological" pill- what humanity needs is a cure or reversal of disorder progression- I still do not grasp whats taking them so long. The anecdotal stuff especially from Mitsuo, were mind boggling and I know Hedrick was there in Japan when they administered the cells to the patient.

So much valuable time being lost- as Calhoun told me the fistulae treatment healed 65-70% of patients- why is it not marketed to help patients?

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Type 2 DM 30 Apr 2013 14:15 #422

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***as Calhoun told me the fistulae treatment healed 65-70% of patients- why is it not marketed to help patients? ***

In the case of fistula and the strong possibility of Olympus involvement I have always figured Calhoun made one of his classic bozo blunders and tied up the application that no one can push it further other than the one who ran the trial. Absolute pure speculation...but given our managements history....maybe not so far fetched.

Something like type 2 DM is such a massive market...I have no idea why it would be left to flounder. Just plain stupid imho !!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites