Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: STEMGENEX

STEMGENEX 06 Dec 2014 08:27 #2856

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
NBC Evening News has a feature reporting last night on stem cells treatments in the US. They also highlight StemGenex.

The NBC news report is considered somewhat negative, with medical experts claiming that such therapies (in certain rare illnesses) have not proven safe and effective: the r/d would still take years. I think the NBC medical reporter is trying to say patients have spending thousands of dollars for ineffective treatments (one patient is interviewed).

I think a lot of people are thinking stem cells is just snake oil. However, many, many people in the Far East are thinking differently. I think CYTX's current sales and marketing strategy in Japan, China, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. is the right one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

STEMGENEX 06 Dec 2014 09:33 #2857

• StevieRay
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
It just goes to show you the power of the media. I saw the same report last night and felt it was extremely negative and unbalanced. Anyone seeing this report and then questioned about Cytori would probably question the legitimacy of the company. Yes, there are lots of bad players in this field but it would have been better if they balanced the story with some of the good players like Cytori. I wonder what the media view point is on the Okyanos Heart Institute? After last nights’ report it is probably lumped into the bad apple cart. Just more head winds to contend with. It would be nice if Cytori would contact NBC and offer another point of view. But it’s probably useless at this point to even attempt to persuade the media until we have FDA IDE approval or strong phase II clinical data to hang our hats on.
Hope springs eternal…

STEMGENEX 07 Dec 2014 06:10 #2858

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

I think a lot of people are thinking stem cells is just snake oil. However, many, many people in the Far East are thinking differently. I think CYTX's current sales and marketing strategy in Japan, China, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. is the right one.

I think you are pretty much "matter of fact". I think that has to do with poor quality journalism and also a lot of these "60 minutes" broadcasts, which only cover the bad guys.

On StemGenex- they are in La Jolla, which obviously does not help Cytori and most likely are using AdiStem technology i.e. the so called "fat cells from a plastic grocery bag" which are also "activated with lasers". :whistle:

Anyway- read this forum thread on Barbara Hanson´s board at Stemcellpioneers.com- Thread on Stemgenex

Note that the person with the positive report on the MS treatment, did not respond any longer. :really:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

STEMGENEX 08 Dec 2014 11:16 #2866

• fas
Actually - I just stumbled on the article to the video and the video itself

Robert Vondracek has had multiple sclerosis for 20 years. His speech is starting to slur and he's been having more trouble getting around, and when he heard about a controversial stem cell therapy that might help, he got excited.
"I heard about the stem cell treatments being done right here in Phoenix," said Vondracek, 61. "It shocked me because it was not approved in this country, I didn't think."
The therapy was offered by an Arizona plastic surgeon who gives the stem cell treatments in the same clinic where he does cosmetic procedures.
But when Vondracek's neurologist heard about his interest in the therapy, which would cost $ 7,000 per treatment, "He went crazy," said Vondracek. He strongly advised Vondracek against it.
Plastic surgeons, other doctors and naturopaths at more than 100 clinics round the country are charging thousands of dollars for a controversial procedure called stem cell therapy to treat a range of disorders, including neurological diseases like MS and Parkinson's.

Continue reading at ... NBC Network on Cell Surgical Network

You will find the video there too.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

STEMGENEX 08 Dec 2014 11:51 #2867

• fas
So that story really was only about one of the Plastic Surgeons which are part of the Cell Surgical network of Berman & Co.

Just as a reminder- more scientific minded clinics are very careful with IV injections, where most cells first visit the lungs, but -and that is just logical- they travel to sites of injury and if you inject IV after a liposuction, thats where the cells tend to go to.

The "injury" created by the lipo needles etc etc. :grin: :grin: :winky:

STEMGENEX 08 Dec 2014 16:31 #2871

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
I think one of the CYTX investigators in Europe has used mixed cell therapy in conjunction with approved medicines in the treatment of scleroderma (?) and found substantial improvement of the underlying illness (in comparison with using the medicine alone).

I think stem cells combination therapies (as in cancer treatments) may help penetration of the so-called stem cells treatments in the US. Let us look at the so-called bone marrow transplant concept in cancer treatment. The whole idea is preservation of some bone marrow stem cells to allow aggressive chemotherapy. After aggressive chemo, the preserved bone marrow cells would be returned to the patients to allow better recovery. In this setting, people do not always think that the replaced bone marrow cells as regenerative ( people always think that this is only replacement). Actually, bone marrow transplant in this setting is both in combination therapies. Adipose derived mix cells are actually doing the same in a variety of illnesses.

To get US approval, proof of safety and efficacy as a singular therapy is always required (phases 1-2), before testing as a singular therapy or combination therapy vs the standard treatment for the underlying illness. So, Hedrick is right that value would be created with successful phase 2 trials. Yet, ASTM was on the wrong path even when their phase 2 trials in peripheral ischemia of the limbs were successful and when there was no corporate partnerships. I think Hedrick is right again to go after niche indications of which the company can always carry that phase 3 load, even if there is big pharma coming in right away.

Just some thoughts.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites