TOPIC: Systemic scleroderma

Systemic scleroderma 21 Oct 2019 00:07 #13298

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
www.health.harvard.edu/blog/stem-cell-transplant-scleroderma-2018021613294

Looks like the mainstream medical community is starting to appreciate the merits of stem cell therapy in treating SS. Autologous bone marrow (maybe expanded) have been used. Autologous ADRC would give them more stem cells faster. Also applied topically at the hands it would not have issues with potential fatality while improing quality of life.

ADRC worked .......... wonder who owns them now ??????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Systemic scleroderma 28 Oct 2019 09:05 #13300

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

With this treatment, stem cells (which can develop into many different types of cells) are removed and the body’s immune system is essentially wiped out with chemotherapy and radiation. The stem cells are then returned to the body where they rebuild the immune system — a sort of “rebooting” of the immune system.

This "new" approach has been applied in the "practice of medicine" in the US for at least 15 years. Burke in North Western and others. Of course mainly for patients who had the systemic version, with scarring of organs, mainly lungs. Even MD Anderson in Texas claimed to be the first with this type of treatment about 5 years ago. Medicine is funny.

Anyway- yes, about 12 years ago, I picked up a paper describing the successful use of ADRC in a severe case. It was Taiwanese if I recall right. Not long ago, after Cytori acquired the San Antonio outfit, Franshei saw an opportunity with a "chemo light" on the bone marrow with liposomal product combined with ADRCs. Who knows - maybe the patients own their own cells now- any patents from those dark days must soon be expired anyway. :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites