TOPIC: Des Bryant Gets BM Stem Cell Treatment

Des Bryant Gets BM Stem Cell Treatment 12 Oct 2015 23:50 #5294

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Ceteno?

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was given an injection of stem cells to accelerate the healing process in his broken right foot.

Bryant, who has been out since the team’s Sept. 13 opener, received an injection of stem cells from the bone marrow in his hip, according to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

“It will do two things,” Jones said (via DallasNews.com) of the procedure, which was performed in Colorado. “It has the potential to improve the healing time but more important gives him and everyone more confidence that when he comes back, at whatever the time is, it will be sounder and I think that was the overriding reason for doing it.

“It will be sounder even if he kept the same time frame. It could easily speed it up, but if not, what you’re always going to be worried about [is] if you wait another week maybe you’ve got less chance of reinjuring it or basically rushing it. That will give us more peace of mind on rushing it.”

The stem cells were injected in Bryant’s ankle and, in surgery performed the day after his injury, Bryant also had a bone graft to repair a fractured fifth metatarsal bone on the outside of his foot.

“He’s shown exceptional in his healing,” Jones said. “I feel the procedure and how he’s doing gives us a good feeling that if we feel like he can handle the sensitivity then you feel like you aren’t being too aggressive in letting him get back out there. That’s the big thing.”

With his Cowboys at 2-3, Jones is beyond eager to get Bryant back on the field and the team hopes he’ll be ready by the Oct. 25 game against the New York Giants. The Cowboys’ loss to the Patriots sapped Jones of his sunny attitude about his team.

“We’re not a good team right now,” Jones said (via Star-Telegram.com). “They were a much better team than we were out here today, a much better team. But lesser teams win ballgames. But they’re just a better team. They’re something for us to achieve. I think what we saw out there today was what New England was, more than what Dallas was not.

“We’ve got to get to be a better team overall, a better football team, a better everything.”

And that starts with getting Bryant back on the field ASAP, even if the quarterback is Brandon Weeden and not Tony Romo. The team hopes Romo, who is out with a broken collarbone, will be back for the Nov. 22 game against the Miami Dolphins.

“I don’t know that nine wins can get you in the tournament, and so, however you want to count them up,” Jones said. “We really do need to get to playing better than we’re playing. If we don’t do that, then no matter how good we might get relative to right now, it’ll be too late.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Des Bryant Gets BM Stem Cell Treatment 13 Oct 2015 06:00 #5295

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yes... could very well be Centeno :whistle: but as you know, injecting fresh marrow cells into the same person on the day of extraction is a perfectly legal procedure...the famous 361...so it could have been performed at many clinics in Colorado. Knowing Chris- he would love the publicity and will come out with it sooner than later when it was him.. :joy:

Anyway- these guys - the professional sportsmen should become the first movers in the technology. Basically Cugat is already doing the same with "expensive" soccer players in Europe and a few weeks more off the field and injured can cost many many millions of lost revenues for clubs.. so faster and more "reliable" healing should become the next big thing. :whistle:

I bet we will hear of Calhoun sooner than later as a result too.. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Des Bryant Gets BM Stem Cell Treatment 13 Oct 2015 07:57 #5297

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Every time anyone mentions Calhoun as even a mini potential saviour I think everyone here snickers.

Des Bryant Gets BM Stem Cell Treatment 13 Oct 2015 09:23 #5299

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

Every time anyone mentions Calhoun as even a mini potential saviour I think everyone here snickers.

WST... I could not care less... :happy: Calhoun is an integral part of the technology saga, who realized the "disruptive nature" of the technology, but acted like any drug company would welcome him with open arms, since he was blind on one (or both) of his $$$-eyes ... :grin:

For that reason he is still addicted to the tech and will pop-up sooner or later...once he does, we will likely become of age .. :whistle: (Cytori and the tech that is)

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites