Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Technical Analysis - i.e chart analysis, point count etc etc - anything that helps in doing the right thing with CYTX shares plus any smart strategies to become a long owner of CYTX shares.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Selective buying

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 15:37 #10879

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Patient and selective buying meant some had a double or more just before the close....one never looses taking a profit imho.
Use your own judgement

Seems Maxim took advantage of the TiGenix news to pump CYTX.
Good news is even if nothing happens on a CYTX sale, its a chance for warrant holders to sell and for CYTX to get some more cash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 16:39 #10880

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

myownhedgefund wrote: Patient and selective buying meant some had a double or more just before the close....one never looses taking a profit imho.
Use your own judgement

Seems Maxim took advantage of the TiGenix news to pump CYTX.
Good news is even if nothing happens on a CYTX sale, its a chance for warrant holders to sell and for CYTX to get some more cash.

With the stock at .2982 at 3:45pm, and the bulk of the volume for the day yet to come, and with the stock subsequently hitting a high of .54 with a close of .47, the thinking could be that Maxim bailed-out many of the .33 RO buyers, but for all the sellers there were buyers, and LOTS of them - were they all foolish?? Time will tell!

PS - VWAP for the day through 4:00pm was .4115.

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 17:24 #10881

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
There are those who know how the game works and those who don't.
Computers work in milliseconds (on a very slow day) and can be on either side of the trade

As far as Maxim...all they care about is the next set of fees.

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 17:32 #10882

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote:
As far as Maxim...all they care about is the next set of fees.

You got that right!!

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 17:34 #10883

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Anyone have an idea on what caused this spike? I’ve been looking for news and found none. Possible that some big buyers got wind of what’s coming on the JPMorgan presentation 0n Monday?

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 17:38 #10884

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Rodney
Benjamin (nowadays known as a sex molester like others in Hollywood) went from Santa Barbara to Berkeley to be close to Elaine. The landlord at Elaine's rooming house asked Benjamin if he was a UC student. Benjamin said no. The landlord then asked if Benjamin was an agitator
the answer is..........

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 18:21 #10885

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

franshei wrote: Rodney
Benjamin (nowadays known as a sex molester like others in Hollywood) went from Santa Barbara to Berkeley to be close to Elaine. The landlord at Elaine's rooming house asked Benjamin if he was a UC student. Benjamin said no. The landlord then asked if Benjamin was an agitator

the answer is..........

Franshei, this post is puzzling to say the least???

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 19:12 #10886

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
b7
Maxim put out a note today on CYTX being a better take out target.
Headline:
UPDATE: Maxim Issues Note On Cytori: 'Tigenix to be Acquired by Takeda - Is Cytori a Better Target?'

Selective buying 05 Jan 2018 19:34 #10887

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Hedge,
Another guy’s input from Yahoo Summary

Here’s Why Cytori Therapeutics Inc (CYTX) Shares Skyrocketed Today

SmarterAnalyst
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (Ben Mahaney)
SmarterAnalystJanuary 5, 2018

Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CYTX) was Wall Street's bull of the day today with shares that flew 74%.

The cause of all the enthusiastic commotion? Japanese drug giant Takeda Pharmaceutical intends to acquire TiGenix, an advanced biopharmaceutical company developing novel stem cell therapies for serious medical conditions, at an acquisition price of EUR 1.78 per share, representing a transaction value of approximately EUR 520 million on a fully diluted basis. Investors see the acquisition of Tigenix as a positive "interest" signal for the regenerative medicine space and specifically for Cytori which has a similar adipose based product.

On the ratings front, Cytori has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report released today, Maxim analyst Jason Kolbert assigned a Buy rating on CYTX, with a price target of $5.00, which represents a potential upside of 1752% from where the stock is currently trading. On November 10, B.Riley FBR's Andrew D'silva maintained a Hold rating on the stock and has a price target of $0.50.

According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Jason Kolbert and Andrew D'silva have a yearly average loss of 4.7% and a return of 11% respectively. Kolbert has a success rate of 39% and is ranked #4622 out of 4752 analysts, while D'silva has a success rate of 52% and is ranked #1316.

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 02:07 #10888

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

rodney.strongg wrote:

the answer is..........

Rodney- you have to know or have seen, the film "The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman as the character Benjamin, to kind of know what Franshei means with his statement. Its one of the best films Hollywood ever produced and features music from Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 02:59 #10889

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, thanks for the clarification. You are right about it being a great movie, and the quote/question is appropriate. Agitators are sometimes necessary however so that we do not sucumb to ''groupthink''.

Having said that perhaps you and the agitators may have an idea about the cost of the Tigenix treament for crohns/fistula. Do you think that the cost of the autologous treatment can be competitative? Would a same day small out-patient lipo be likely to be so expensive vis a vis the allogeneic treament IYO ? I tend to believe that most of these procedures would require a one night hospital stay. Given that we already have CE mark in europe, and the cost consciousness of state health systems, do you believe that Celution would have a high barrier to overcome (assuming efficacy - which I believe is superior)?

Interesting to see when this data will be presented:

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02520843?term=adipose&cond=Fistula&cntry=FR&rank=1

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 06:57 #10890

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote:

rodney.strongg wrote:

the answer is..........

Rodney- you have to know or have seen, the film "The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman as the character Benjamin, to kind of know what Franshei means with his statement. Its one of the best films Hollywood ever produced and features music from Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.

The Graduate is 50 years old - Franshei needs to get out to the movies more often (lol) - in any event, a very unusual post for this site (no less from Franshei) - perhaps, 2018 will be different!

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 08:33 #10891

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

rongside wrote: Having said that perhaps you and the agitators may have an idea about the cost of the Tigenix treament for crohns/fistula. Do you think that the cost of the autologous treatment can be competitative? Would a same day small out-patient lipo be likely to be so expensive vis a vis the allogeneic treament IYO ? I tend to believe that most of these procedures would require a one night hospital stay. Given that we already have CE mark in europe, and the cost consciousness of state health systems, do you believe that Celution would have a high barrier to overcome (assuming efficacy - which I believe is superior)?

Interesting to see when this data will be presented:

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02520843?term=adipose&cond=Fistula&cntry=FR&rank=1

John,
To be honest, I do no think (any longer) that the CE mark has any value for regulatory purposes in Europe. The device regulations are simply not uniform across the EU and the AMTP rules and the responsible agency (similar to CBER) at EMA does not require large studies for a product to pass through it. So- if fistula after Crohn´s as indication is pursued further, it has to be the AMTP way just like scleroderma (remember that were/are 10 and 40 patients studies.

Costwise- I think the SVF procedure would be cheaper, but who cares? It seems to be the price that a monopolist wants to charge nowadays. The CAR-T things they develop are priced at 300.000 $, Cytori wanted 50.000$+ in the US for scleroderma, I bet Takeda will want something close to 100.000$, but do not know.Its all the underlying development cost for small populations it seems, that jack up the asking price.

If Cytori ´s coffers ever get filled- surely they will go for this indication also with many others. We have to wait and see if this day will ever come. :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 09:42 #10892

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Agitation/Agitators can take many forms and have different meanings depending on the individual I suppose.

For instance, knowing people had a potential triple on their hands in call options just before STAR data was released and not suggesting perhaps at least something be taken off the table knowing the vast majority of options expire worthless has been a source of personal agitation for me for months. I redeemed myself with Fridays suggestion though. As always, all decisions are the responsibility of the owner.

Another source is watching Dustin Hoffman go from one whiny character to another for decades. :grin: :evil: :cry:

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 09:57 #10893

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: Agitation/Agitators can take many forms and have different meanings depending on the individual I suppose.

For instance, knowing people had a potential triple on their hands in call options just before STAR data was released and not suggesting perhaps at least something be taken off the table knowing the vast majority of options expire worthless has been a source of personal agitation for me for months. I redeemed myself with Fridays suggestion though. As always, all decisions are the responsibility of the owner.

Another source is watching Dustin Hoffman go from one whiny character to another for decades. :grin: :evil: :cry:

Another post almost as vague as Franshei's - at least, I agree with you that Hoffman is awful

Selective buying 06 Jan 2018 13:46 #10894

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
RS
IMHO, the only line really worth anything to long term holders was in the original post.

*** Good news is even if nothing happens on a CYTX sale, its a chance for warrant holders to sell and for CYTX to get some more cash. ***

Selective buying 08 Jan 2018 14:25 #10903

• Pelace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Swissquote Bank SA just filed at 13G in CYTX owning 12% of CYTX or 5.54mm

Selective buying 08 Jan 2018 14:31 #10904

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Pelace wrote: Swissquote Bank SA just filed at 13G in CYTX owning 12% of CYTX or 5.54mm

Excellent!

PS - poor close at .34 - VWAP for the day was .4034 versus .4115 on Friday.

Selective buying 08 Jan 2018 15:13 #10905

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Pelace wrote: Swissquote Bank SA just filed at 13G in CYTX owning 12% of CYTX or 5.54mm

Explains the run up last week in huge buying.
Thanks

Selective buying 08 Jan 2018 15:19 #10907

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

b767cpt wrote:

Explains the run up last week in huge buying.
Thanks

B-7, to be clear, the run-up was the last 15 minutes on Friday, not "last week" per se.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites