TOPIC: The BA challenge

The BA challenge 16 Dec 2019 15:20 #13363

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 207
I didn't bit on todays pullback in BA
In the last year or so, spikes lower to roughly $318 and $323 have been scene. They may again come into play as well as last Decembers low of $285ish.
I am also considering BA's dividend yield and watching to see if it can hit 3% at which I also think some yield chases would be interested. At the current payout rate that gets you around the $285 area again.
If one does play....I think a rebound may take a bit longer than the $5-$20 swing trades BA has printed all year long.
Curious if any other lodge members are looking or have any thoughts. ???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The BA challenge 18 Dec 2019 07:47 #13364

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I came close to biting but did not. In the end they are too big to fail and I am watching closely. Thanks for your thoughts Hedge.

The BA challenge 07 Jan 2020 10:25 #13383

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 207
Looking like shot at BA further break down gone as Buffet rumor has the stock popping $10+ at the moment.
Only full market correction may bring in my wish list pricing now.

The BA challenge 08 Jan 2020 06:42 #13384

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I just glanced at BA again- I saw that the ex-dividend date is Feb 13 and their yield 2.3%. Sounds a bit meager to what I remember from the days (15 years ago) when I chased the cash and stock dividends of the Dax heavy weights here in Germany until I got fed up with my broker for not properly accounting for them. With the problems BA still has, I think you are right and that market correction is surely also in play with the tensions at present.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The BA challenge 08 Jan 2020 06:48 #13385

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Further to my post- I just read that a predecessor of the MAX crashed in Teheran last night, killing all 176 crew and passengers. Could be the correction you are looking for.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The BA challenge 08 Jan 2020 08:57 #13386

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

fas wrote: Further to my post- I just read that a predecessor of the MAX crashed in Teheran last night, killing all 176 crew and passengers. Could be the correction you are looking for.

/

Fas/HF - I would not even consider BA at a price above $250 despite the yield - JMHO.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2019-2020 raccoon-lodge.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.