• Page:

TOPIC: Year end ramblings with a taxing observation

Year end ramblings with a taxing observation 20 Dec 2019 12:08 #13365

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 207
S&P 500 is currently over bought with a RSI at nearly 76 as I type. Crazy.
2019 has been a great year in general even when considering its low starting place after the December 2018 plunge. That plunge bottomed on Christmas Eve 2018 and I am beginning to wonder if US players will be considering locking in the freely taxed long term gains some may have between Christmas and New Years Day. Note those free long term gains are limited and based on filing status so check if you don't know them or contact a tax professional. THIS IS NOT ADVICE !!! It may however play some sort of a role in the last week of the year with the markets here in the USA in general. One can also buy some protection if one chooses but that is not as cheap as it was just a week ago or so.

PSTV
I haven't a clue whats going on there although the PPS seems to have stabilized for now. Maybe I will check in on a call in 2020 just for fun.

Hope everyone in the lodge enjoys this holiday season 2020 will be here before we know it so Happy New Year as well !!!!!!!

:grin: :vegas:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Year end ramblings with a taxing observation 20 Dec 2019 14:41 #13366

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

myownhedgefund wrote: S&P 500 is currently over bought with a RSI at nearly 76 as I type. Crazy.
2019 has been a great year in general even when considering its low starting place after the December 2018 plunge. That plunge bottomed on Christmas Eve 2018 and I am beginning to wonder if US players will be considering locking in the freely taxed long term gains some may have between Christmas and New Years Day. Note those free long term gains are limited and based on filing status so check if you don't know them or contact a tax professional. THIS IS NOT ADVICE !!! It may however play some sort of a role in the last week of the year with the markets here in the USA in general. One can also buy some protection if one chooses but that is not as cheap as it was just a week ago or so.

PSTV
I haven't a clue whats going on there although the PPS seems to have stabilized for now. Maybe I will check in on a call in 2020 just for fun.

Hope everyone in the lodge enjoys this holiday season 2020 will be here before we know it so Happy New Year as well !!!!!!!

:grin: :vegas:

/

HF - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2019-2020 raccoon-lodge.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.