• Page:

TOPIC: Impeachment

Impeachment 22 Jan 2020 13:49 #13419

• rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Fas, not intending this to be a political question, but in terms of the European view, how much US credibility has been lost as a result of the "unusual" impeachment proceedings currently taking place in the US?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Impeachment 23 Jan 2020 04:08 #13420

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Rodney- in my view, non at all. Simply since it is a part of a democratic process - US style. Of course, also since it happened before with Nixon and Clinton. Mind you- in Europe recently in Austria they had the Ibiza- scandal and needed new elections and a new government. In Italy they change their governments like some do with their underpants. It is part of the democratic process and just happens. No credibility issue I think.

Anyway- below you see a pic what makes the headlines- even if you do not know two words of German- I guess you can figure out what a totally un-biased paper has for headlines-

Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Impeachment 23 Jan 2020 10:55 #13422

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Fas,

I was on a river cruise through down the Rhine last summer as I think I mentioned here. Based on my chats with locals, I think the question I would ask is how much credibility has been lost by the USA with the EU for Trump's erratic behavior and continuous lying? as an example, on a trip to Germany last year he even lied about his own daddy!. www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/02/president-trump-false-claims-father-born-germany/3346343002/ He must be viewed as an idiot in the EU.

Impeachment 23 Jan 2020 11:07 #13423

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, I think that most countries do not appreciate the precedent that this impeachment is setting for the future - the Nixon and Clinton impeachments were very clear as to the wrongdoing unlike the Trump impeachment which is vague in terms of an interpretation of high crimes and misdemeanors - it also imo is setting a precedent for future impeachments to become commonplace based more on politics than substance - my solution is to vote on a constitutional amendment that requires a two-thirds vote by the House to impeach in the future.

Impeachment 24 Jan 2020 12:11 #13424

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Before we get too far into politics- lets stop this conversation please.

Ray- sure, the "America first" politics of the US president does not make him very popular outside the US- that is obvious. That he does not know that his grandfather Friedrich emigrated to the US in 1885, although half Germany roughly knows that, must be a slip of the tongue. There does not seem to be any reason for an intelligent person to deny something that anybody can "google" in official statistics. Just for fun- Kallstadt where Friedrich was born (5 miles away from where I live) has been "awaiting" him the last two X-masses. Just translate the article from my local paper issued 12/29/2019 www.rheinpfalz.de/lokal/artikel/trump-besuch-in-kallstadt-spekulationen-und-dementi/

Rodney- history has proven in many countries of the world that changing the basic constitution of democratic countries tends to lead from patriotism to nationalism- my present host country the most prominent example.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Impeachment 24 Jan 2020 15:00 #13425

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote: Before we get too far into politics- lets stop this conversation please.

Ray- sure, the "America first" politics of the US president does not make him very popular outside the US- that is obvious. That he does not know that his grandfather Friedrich emigrated to the US in 1885, although half Germany roughly knows that, must be a slip of the tongue. There does not seem to be any reason for an intelligent person to deny something that anybody can "google" in official statistics. Just for fun- Kallstadt where Friedrich was born (5 miles away from where I live) has been "awaiting" him the last two X-masses. Just translate the article from my local paper issued 12/29/2019 www.rheinpfalz.de/lokal/artikel/trump-besuch-in-kallstadt-spekulationen-und-dementi/

Rodney- history has proven in many countries of the world that changing the basic constitution of democratic countries tends to lead from patriotism to nationalism- my present host country the most prominent example.

/

Fas, when I made my last post, I did not even know of the prior post - my intent was not to start a "political war" on your site - having said that, I must say that with regard to your comment, you must realize that the US Constitution has many amendments and the one I suggested is and will be sorely needed if the US expects to have a functioning three tier govt. going forward after this impeachment fiasco.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.927 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2019-2020 raccoon-lodge.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.