• Page:

TOPIC: Apple may see selling pressure on Monday

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 08 Feb 2020 09:14 #13465

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 207
www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-foxconn/china-blocks-foxconn-plan-to-restart-plants-due-to-coronavirus-nikkei-idUSKBN2020BC?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%29

How long before Apple feels real production pressures is a unknown.
A couple weeks ago I heard some guy calling the $275 area as a realistic target then of course the whole market reversed higher.
There is a small gap in that area but imho $300, The 50 dma and $280 are possible supports before then. We shall see.

Article of most interest due to the fact that production overall out of China may be effected longer than the market hoped and I don't know that the worlds Federal Reserve Banks can fix that.
If this is just a two week extension...no big deal imho...two months and the markets have a real problem to deal with.

Circling back to APPL.... of course a NASDAQ 100 stock and a major component in the S&P 500 and DJIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 08 Feb 2020 10:29 #13466

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yeah- in my days JIT (just-in-time) and related to that "the Toyota system" were the things everybody moved to because of the globalization and break-down of the tariff barriers.I bet that has not changed after 15-20 years, so yes-the pinch will be felt soon. Margins in tech industries like Apple have been traditionally so high, because of China- regardless of current trade wars and resulting import duties.
I also wonder when the supply pinch will be obvious and will be felt. Surely if it lasts another two months.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 09 Feb 2020 10:56 #13467

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
>>>And as fears about the economic fallout from the outbreak grow, the government in Shenzen, a city that has been on lockdown for a couple of days, reportedly denied rumors that it would prevent Foxconn from re-opening local factories. In a transparent to boost confidence in China's frozen manufacturing sector, local officials said the factory would reopen asap after inspections had finished.<<<

Perhaps a bit of double speak here because it does say when inspections would be completed and no mention of the other 2 cities where factories are located and are closed down. Mr. Market will give its vote in less than 24 hours anyway and I am sure Jerome Powell will be watching as well.

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 09 Feb 2020 21:19 #13468

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
>>>Futures rebounded on Sunday night after a Reuters report Foxconn had received Chinese government approval to resume production at a key plant in the northern China city of Zhengzhou<<<
www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-foxconn/taiwans-foxconn-approved-to-resume-zhengzhou-plant-production-source-idUSKBN20403Q

Futures currently modestly green.

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 13 Feb 2020 13:05 #13477

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 18 Feb 2020 08:34 #13479

• fas
It seems that the demand side of things, creates the first issues -the below is from seeking Alpha

Apple slipped 3.3% premarket after becoming the first major U.S. company to say it won't meet its revenue projections for the current quarter due to the coronavirus outbreak. "Work is starting to resume around the country, but we are experiencing a slower return to normal conditions than we had anticipated," the company announced, adding that "stores which are open have been operating at reduced hours and with very low customer traffic." Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) had forecast revenue of $63B-$67B for the fiscal second quarter ending in March, ahead of estimates of $62.4B.
Go deeper: Coronavirus has Samsung fly phone parts to Vietnam.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 18 Feb 2020 11:58 #13481

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
They already stopped auto production a few days ago in a factory in Serbia...first of all...who knew they manufactured autos in Serbia?
Now UK Jaguar/land Rover factory has 2 weeks of parts left and they too have been shipping parts from China in suitcases.
www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-jaguarlandrover/jaguar-land-rover-to-run-out-of-chinese-parts-for-uk-production-after-two-weeks-ceo-idUSKBN20C1WP

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 19 Feb 2020 15:39 #13485

• fas

Apple may see selling pressure on Monday 25 Feb 2020 08:15 #13499

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
www.businessinsider.com/foxconn-reportedly-offering-bonuses-workers-coronavirus-return-2020-2

$1,000 bonuses to return to work and make iphones.
So who eats the cost ?
Foxconn, Apple, both, or ultimately the consumer ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2019-2020 raccoon-lodge.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.